14 | Control

Advantage by Daniel Di Angelo

***

CARLOTTA

I slightly rotate my upper chest to crack my stuck back so I could ease some pain. It didn't work.

My neck was next, but I still couldn't do much.

There was no way I was going to sleep ever again on that uncomfortable couch.

It has been my choice to sleep there for two consecutive nights to avoid sharing the bed with that psychopath of my husband.

I told myself how I would never get close to him, but at this point I had to abandon that thought. Sleeping was important, and on the couch I wasn't able to do that.

It has been my fault for agreeing to that foolish proposal of his. I should've agreed to something else, but when was that opportunity ever happening again?

In 20 years of my life, I've never been taken close to the water.

I've only traveled twice, but just to visit cities. Rome and Athens.

It was odd to think about, but at Mancini Manor, we didn't own a swimming pool.

You could find anything you looked for in there, but not a pool.

We had a small lake for the fishes, but no one ever stepped foot inside.

When I got back from the resort's tour and saw Luca in the sea through the gigantic window-glass, I knew I couldn't miss that chance.

Without thinking much, I slipped on the first bikini I could find with a sheered shirt on top of it, and stepped foot outside.

The water was so celestial and inviting that there was no way I was going to blow up the opportunity. I just found the courage to ask Luca for this favour.

After agreeing to his stupid condition, I'd never thought he would go as far as forcing me under the water while I agitated between his arms.

It felt like an eternity before we surfaced. I knew it was intentional when I noticed his hidden smirk while I hit him.

Like I said, psychopath.

For the rest of the day and the following one I avoided him.

I ate all my meals at the various restaurants of the resort instead of eating what they brought in as room service.

I continued the tour by also exploring the proximities of the hotel as there were so many activities to do.

During the stay, I constantly dressed up in things that covered my shoulders and arms. The bruises my father made on me were still visible, and they needed to remain hidden.