Chapter 3: Dead Bodies

"Alright class, can anyone tell me the difference between 'your' and 'you're'?" the teacher asked, and one of my classmates raised their hand, and the teacher chose them. I sighed as I thought about the embarrassing moment...

That day...

I was running through the halls of the dorm and pressed the elevator button. "Ugh, I can't believe I'm late for my first day of class!" I exclaimed as I stomped my feet on the ground, anxiously waiting for the elevator to open.

*ding*

Once the elevator opened, I immediately got in and closed it. "Please make it faster!" I reached the ground floor and ran immediately to get to the school building on time. "God! Why am I so unlucky??!!" I shouted as I ran even faster. "Good morning, Mr. Park!" I greeted as he bowed and smiled at me before the gate opened. "Hurry up, kid!" I heard Mr. Park shout as I ran. Because I was running hurriedly, I didn't see or know where I was going. I ran until I reached the building, went to the escalator, and finally reached the classroom.

"Sorry I'm late!" I shouted as I panted heavily. The teacher stopped her discussion as she looked at me. "Hello, dear, you seem to be in a hurry," she said as she looked me up and down. "Ah... Yes..." I panted once again from my running. I noticed that something was not right; the students looked at me weirdly, their uniforms were way more different, and I looked down at myself. Yeah, my uniform was different. "Alright, dear, please come inside."

I went inside to her side. "Hello everyone, we have a new student for today. Dear, please introduce yourself," the teacher smiled at me as she said it. "Hello everyone, I'm Ella Cruz. I'm from the Philippines. I hope we get along." As soon as I introduced myself, the students looked at each other. "She's good at speaking Korean," said one of the students.

I usually don't get used to someone talking about me. I just really hope that I'll get along with them, or I really hope they don't try anything with me. "Alright Ella, go sit next to... Namjoon." Huh? Namjoon?? I looked around and saw him at the window. We were staring at each other, so wait... Hold on... DID I GET TO THE WRONG CLASSROOM?!!! I felt embarrassed the moment I noticed it. "Dear, please take a seat." God, I wanted to tell her that I'm in the wrong class! But no words were coming out of my mouth.

So I don't have a choice but to sit next to Namjoon. "You do realize that you're in the wrong room and building, right?" Namjoon leans a little and whispers to me, "Yeah... I know..." I said, feeling embarrassed.

Back to Present Time...

I shake my head just to forget the embarrassing moments. I sigh and look to the window. "Huh?" a word comes out of my mouth when I see something. There's a man pulling something heavy and dragging it to the forest. I blink and rub my eyes. Did I just hallucinate? The man who was pulling a heavy object inside the black bag... is it a human? "It happens," I flinch when I hear a voice. "Wh-what...?" I whisper. "Who are you?" I ask as I turn my head a little bit and see a young boy sitting behind me who was the one who spoke.

"I'm sorry if I scared you, but anyway, I'm Sungwoon, and that man you just saw earlier is Mr. Kang Eun-bin, the Junior and Senior High School Science teacher. He always drags something heavy, and we have no idea what's inside the bag." I look at the teacher and lean back in my seat; I can feel the sweat on my forehead as I listen. "Inside the bag is a shape like a human, but we're still not sure if that really is a human or not," he continues. "Are you saying he keeps doing that? And also... It's not the first time he has done that?" I asked, and Sunghoon nods. Then he looks out the window and says.

"Yeah, it is not the first time we saw him doing that and acting so weird. It all started three years ago when his son suddenly went missing, and the police still haven't found him." I turned my head to the window as Sunghoon continued, "And everything changed. He started to act weird; he keeps talking to himself and mumbling as well, which none of us can understand."