Chapter 8 - Memories: Marianna and Elizabeth

Warning: the following scenes contains murderer, violence, sexual assault or harrasment, and suicide. If you don't want to encounter this scene, you can skip and proceed to other episode.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Author

"I am so happy to see you again! I thought you guys were dead!" Ella cried in tears upon seeing Mel again and noticing her state. "We're here now, and we need to get out of here." "How?" Namjoon suddenly spoke up as Mel looked behind Ella. "We took an ambulance from the hospital; hopefully, no one will steal it since we left it behind the school."

Namjoon nodded. Anna rested near the window; for now, the girls and the others stayed in the classroom. They also made sure that the door was securely closed. "What's the plan? We can't stay here any longer. The longer we wait for the rescuers, the sooner we die," the boys looked at Namjoon. He raised his eyebrows at them. "What?"

"You're our leader now since you're also president of our school," Jimin smiled and put his hands on his wrists. "I'm sure you can handle us." Namjoon rolled his eyes. "Jimin, I am president, but only for Senior High School." While Namjoon and Jimin started bickering, Sharmel and Ella stepped aside.

"I can't believe you and Anna are here. You were one of the survivors of the plane crash; everyone died except you, Anna, and Rolona."

"I guess God has a plan for us. Speaking of plans, we found something—something more related to the Z-virus."

As soon as the word "Z-virus" came out of her mouth, everyone fixed their gaze on them. Mel cleared her throat, and Anna stood up and went to them. "Sigurado ka ba nga imong isulti kanila ang tanan?" Anna asked Mel. Her sister nodded, telling her that everyone needed to know. "Who can understand English besides Ella?" Namjoon raised his hand. "I am," Mel nodded in approval.

Namjoon went to them after Ella told him to get it over with.

"So, before coming here, we found something that might relate to the Z-virus. Rolona and I found a file; I don't know what file it was, but that file also mentioned 'experiment' on a human being. We dug a little deeper and also found that the victims listed there had lost their minds and lost control of themselves."

Ella and Namjoon listened to Mel without interrupting her. "We took all of the files, but sadly, they were burned in the plane crash, and not just that." Namjoon tensed when he heard that there was more. He looked at her with interest. "My dad worked with them since the 1990s, including a teacher named Mr. Kang. Both of them worked on something..."

"Are you saying that they're the ones who made the Z-virus?" This time, Namjoon can't help but ask her. Mel looked at him, unsure of his answer. "I'm not... sure, but they're not the only ones. Dad also said that there's a cure for the virus." Ella and Namjoon looked at her, so shocked and surprised that they forgot to breathe.

"And one more thing: among the youngest children who were part of the experiment was Elizabeth Ann Cruz. We saw her info on November 17, 2010. Her parents were found dead in their house, and she disappeared when she was only 4 or 5 years old. She survived but was also suffering from the toxic chemicals that she ingested, and she barely made it out alive."