Chapter 2: Teacher

"Here we are, Ms. Cruz, Tower 7. All you need to do is put your card here, and the door will open," said Mr. Park.

"Whoa, so it's like a robot door that needs a card to open it," replied Ella.

"Yes, Ms. Cruz, and also, you need your card to open your dorm door," Mr. Park explained.

"Really? Bruh, the school has a technology system. I'm in a place that feels like I'm in the future," Ella said.

Mr. Park and I laughed at my joke. He took my baggage and placed it by the nearby glass door. "Well, Ms. Cruz, I'll get going now." I nodded and said goodbye before he left. After he left, I followed what Mr. Park said; the door opened, and I chuckled.

Next, I went to the elevator and pressed the 7 button. The elevator lifted me up to the 7th floor. "Woah, it's pretty high up here," I said before whistling. The elevator door opened, and I dragged my baggage along the hallway. I made sure to look at the card that had my dorm number written on it until I found it.

But as soon as I looked at the door, I thought, "Oh..." I found it hard to figure out how to use my card on the door that had a passcode. Since I didn't know the code, I wondered if there was another way. I sighed deeply when I heard someone beside me, which startled me. "Goodness!" I shouted. "Oh, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to scare you. I noticed that you were having a hard time with the passcode," she said, and I nodded. "Yeah, it's actually my first time. Do you know how to do it?" I asked awkwardly, and she smiled while nodding at me. "Here, let me show you. Give me your card." I handed her my card, and she took it.

She placed the card on the passcode when there was a red light that seemed to be checking my card. As soon as it was done checking, the light turned green. "Welcome, Ella Cruz! You are roommates with Mia Roberts," the robot said before unlocking the door. The girl whose name is Mia smiled at me and gave my card back. "So your name is Ella, huh?" she grinned.

"And you are Mia. Nice to meet you," I smiled back. "Right back at you," she said before opening the door. "So, you are new here?" Mia asked as she placed some of her groceries on the table. "Yeah, I am," I replied, looking around the dorm. "I never thought that the dorm would look like this; it looks like a condo."

I said in amazement, and Mia chuckled, "Yeah, this was also my reaction when I first saw the dorm. But here, take this. I bought some stuff for you too." Mia gave me a bag of chips, a bag full of makeup, shampoo, a toothbrush, toothpaste, a bag of hair ties, and many more. "Wow... You don't have to... Thank you," I said, smiling at her. "Well, I have to. I bought it because I feel like I'm having a roommate, and I was right. By the way, what year are you?" Mia asked suddenly.

"Oh, I'm in my 4th year." "Ah, I see. Well, too bad we're not the same; I'm in 11th year. I'm from Senior High School," Mia replied. "Oh right, here is your room on the side. Inside, there are your school uniform and your P.E. clothes," Mia added. I went to my room; inside, there were only plain items: a desk, a cabinet, and a bed with two uniforms on it.

I scoffed and then chuckled at what I was seeing. "Oh, I'll be going now; I have activities this morning. Enjoy your stay here," I heard Mia say behind me. I was about to say goodbye when she had already left. I went inside the room and closed the door. I walked towards the window, and to my surprise, it was not just a window, but a sliding glass door. I unlocked the window and looked outside. "Woah, so there's a balcony here!" I went to the railing and looked down. The view was amazing and beautiful because I could see some students down below, and the fresh air was nice too. After enjoying the view, I went back inside.

I started to unpack my things. I put my items on the desk and my clothes in the cabinet. "I think I should buy some school supplies and other things here." My mom gave me Korean money before I came here. I went outside and bought some school supplies and items for my room. After that, I went back to my dorm. I put everything inside my room before leaving. "Since I'm done shopping, what should I do next?" I looked at the TV and decided to turn it on. The TV has many channels, but I chose to watch the news.