Chapter 4: RUN!

It's been 3 days since we saw the dead bodies at the back of the campus. I was sitting on the couch watching the news on TV.

Breaking News: A virus from the Philippines is getting worse as it spreads rapidly throughout the cities of the Philippines. Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao are now infected with the virus called Z-virus. Recently, a viral video from the citizens of the Philippines was posted on the internet..

Video from Katkat

"OH MY GOD...! AHHH!" The video shows an aggressive man banging his head against the car window as a woman's voice is heard in the background saying, "WHAT IS HE DOING?!!!"

Video from Jose

"So guys, as you can see, I'm from Davao... And um.... I'm stuck here in Deca... Right now, I... I got bitten, and the one who bit me... is my own mo-" Before he can even finish, an unknown woman suddenly attacks him and bites his neck. "AHHHHHH!!!!" He was clearly bitten by the woman, who pulled out skin from his neck. Blood was coming from his neck, and he took the opportunity to push her away and grab the phone in his hand. The video stopped when he went outside.

Video from Mel

I gasp to see Mel on the TV screen. I put down the bowl of popcorn and grab the remote to turn up the volume. "Hello everyone, my name is Mel Smith... I'm from Davao City, and today... Ah no, tonight, it's clearly 11:40 PM... so, earlier, there was an attack. People here are trying to survive; the Z-virus is very deadly and dangerous. Even your loved ones can hurt you once they are infected by the Z-virus." Mel's video was spread throughout Korea, and the people in Korea are scared of the virus, especially after seeing Mel's video.

"People who are not infected by the virus are lucky; however, if you see something like this..." Mel grabbed the camera and showed it to the window so everyone could see. There, another aggressive person was shown trying to get in. They were growling, and their eyes were hungry, ready to eat. "If you see them... Run and don't stop. If you have the strength to fight them, you can. But I am warning you, they're strong. They can kill you with just one bite, or more than that; they can kill you to death... That's why you should protect your loved ones, whatever happens," Mel said her final words before her clip ended.

Video from Jenifer:

The girl had locked herself in one of the stalls in the bathroom. There, people could see the infected trying to get in. "Ahh..... What do I do...?!" The girl sobbed as she heard footsteps and the desperate infected trying to get in.

Newscast: As of now, there is still no news from the Philippines. However, recently, a plane crashed in Seoul. No one knew where it had come from at first. The medical team, rescue team, and police went there to search for survivors, finding only 3 survivors from the plane crash out of 50 people. The police noticed a part of the plane, which is how they determined that it was from the Philippines, due to the part of the word "Philippine Airlines."

The medical team rescued three survivors, but for now, they are being kept in the hospital, and the police are waiting for them to wake up.

Author's Pov

At the hospital...

*heart monitor beeping*

Outside the room, people were gathering to see the three survivors. "Oh dear, they're just kids! How did they end up in this situation?!" the woman said, concern in her eyes. "It must be so tough for them..." The nurse and doctor came and told the people to stay away from the door so they could check the three patients in the room. The doctors and nurses gathered to assess them. "How's the boy?" the doctor asked the nurse. "It's still the same, Doc. His situation is worse than the two girls. He has a lot of wounds, and his heart rate is low."