The Receipt

The drive there was extremely long and we went completely out of town. Completely. We were literally in the mountains on a full dirt road. No gravel, no rocks, just dirt. I genuinely thought they were going to murder me and nobody was going to find my body. Right when I thought it couldn't get worse, they went off the dirt "road" and started dodging trees. This went on for at least seven to eight miles. I had my head down and was crying again, but not so softly this time. My crying was interrupted by a "we're here" and I looked up to see a stone driveway with a huge fence behind it. There was a large gate with guards on each side of the doors and fence. I slumped in my seat so they wouldn't see me as the car continued forward. I looked as dogs and armed men were walking and pacing around the yard. We passed through another gate with a smaller fence, but even more guard dogs. This time, the only men were at the doors of the house.

"Grab your stuff and get out" I quickly got out and tripped trying to catch up to the two men who took me. The dogs just ignored me besides the puppies who ran over to greet me. I was going to stop to pet them, but the guys were not slowing down and I didn't feel like being left in the yard with a bunch of scary adult dogs and a bunch of armed men. Once we rounded the corner, my jaw dropped. To be honest, I forgot about my dad for a couple of minutes while walking into the house and through it. It was absolutely gorgeous and very, very clean. One of the guys took my suitcase as the other led me up a flight of stairs.

"Make yourself look presentable" I scoffed.

"I've been crying for pretty much the entire ride, got out of the shower couldn't brush my hair because of you, no mirror, or makeup that your little friend took and you have the audacity to tell me that" He looked over at me and shrugged. He reached out and smoothed part of my hair and fixed my shirt a little before stepping back.

"There! Looks decent"

"Decent?" He knocked on the door and before I could say anything else someone told us to come in. I shook my head and he smirked before opening the door. He entered in before me, rude, and closed the door behind me. I looked over at a man sitting at a desk playing with a pen. His eyes wandered up and down my body before looking at the dude who brought me here.

"Who is this? And where is my money?" The guy pushed me forward and sat me down in a chair. The guy at the desk was looking in between us waiting for an answer. I looked up at the guy and he sighed.

"He didn't have any money, sir. But instead gave us his daughter" The guy at the desk looked back at me with an eyebrow raised.

"Is this true?" I nodded and heard the door open.

"Brother! Do you like what I brought? Or should I say bought?" The guy that took my suitcase skipped in and winked at me before sitting across the desk.

"I don't know what part of money your dumbass brain doesn't seem to understand, Sebastian"

"I didn't give the man no ideas! He offered her to me first!" He threw his hands up in defense as he was talking. The guy my dad had owed money to looked over to me.

"What kind of piece of shit father sells his own daughter to protect his own drug addicted ass?" I stood up and slapped him.

"Don't speak about my father like that! You don't know what he has been through to get me and him where we are today!"

"And where are you?" I scowled at him.

"You don't know who he is" The guy stood up and handed me a file.

"He lost his wife and eldest daughter in a car accident, which made him turn to drugs which he bought from me and still owes me money for buying him that house. Instead, he was out buying you stuff like... ice cream?" I threw the folder at him and stormed out the door. I started heading down the stairs and heard someone running after me. I walked into the direction that "Sebastian" was going with my suitcase. Halfway down the hall, I felt somebody grab my arm and turn me around.

"I think you missed the front door, love" I rolled my eyes and pulled out of his grasp.

"I'm not stupid, 'Sebastian'. Why would I leave and go back to my dad when he owes you money and your boy toy will shoot the both of us? Plus I consider this as helping my dad out. So fuck off"

"Boy toy?" The guy walked up to me and I stared him down while having my arms crossed in front of my chest.

"Did you not hear me clearly the first time?" He grabbed my throat and pulled me closer.

"You have a little mouth on you don't you? Little spitfire!" I rolled my eyes and pushed at his chest. He didn't budge. He finally let go and I turned around and started walking before he jumped in my way.

"I suggest you move"

"You don't even know what room you're in"

"I think I can figure that out"

"Oh really?" I maneuvered my way around him and headed to the third room on the left, with the door opened that Sebastian never shut. I shut the door and looked around. It was very bland and my suitcase was laying on the also bland bed. I washed my face and did my hair before laying in "my" bed. I sighed and shut my eyes to try to sleep. All I could hear were the guards talking outside my window and the sounds of their radios. I opened the window and asked them to be more quiet and to my surprise they turned down their radios and whispered to each other. After twisting and turning, my body finally passed out and I could sleep.