Chapter 8 The love

Art by soaked-doors
2 years later: the festival of love/Ballister birthday
Ballister pov:

I felt the sun glaring at my eyes and grabbed a pillow to cover my face. "Ugh I'm 16 let me sleep in." I asked myself. Suddenly I felt something land on me.

It was Nimona. "Hey boss, happy birthday." Nimona said. "Thanks nimo." I said. Suddenly she handed me a box with a ribbon on it. "This isn't going to blow up like last year right?" I asked.

"Ha ha no this is actually a gift and not a prank this time." Nimona said. I opened it and pulled out the gift.

"A knife?" I asked. "Yeah. In case you don't have your sword with you and you need something to defend yourself with." Nimona said.

"Thanks Nimona." I said hugging her. Suddenly we heard the door open and Nimona shifted into a spider and jumped of the bed.

Ambrosius walked in with breakfast. "Hey Bal happy 16th birthday." Ambrosius said. He handed me my tray and it had my favorite's. "Thanks Ambrosius." I said.

"I'm not going to sing happy birthday because I know you hate it." Ambrosius said. I chuckled and started eating. I could feel Ambrosius staring at me.

"Your staring. What's wrong?" I asked. Ambrosius took something out of his back pocket and handed it to me. It was a flyer for the festival of love that happens every 10 years. "The festival of love? What about it?" I asked.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go with me today?" Ambrosius asked. "Wait. Is he asking me out?" I asked myself.

"Ambrosius i'd love to but I can't afford a ticket to the festival." I said. "Oh don't worry I already got the tickets. So will you go with me?" Ambrosius asked.

"Yes I'd love to go with you Ambrosius." I said smiling. He sighed in relief and told me to meet him at 5 pm.

Ambrosius left a few minutes later and Nimona jumped up to me. "Someone's got a date. Someone's got a date." Nimona started singing. "It's not a date. At least I don't think it is? Wait is it a date? I don't know what to do. You gotta help me Nimona! I can't do this alone!" I begged.

"I can't help you but I know someone who can." Nimona said. Before I could ask she left the room and I just went to take a shower.

1 hour later:

I was reading a book when the door burst open and I fell out of my chair. I looked up and saw the director and my mother at the door. My mother was in a cloak holding some outfits and the director has scissors in her hand.

"Happy birthday my son. Now let's get you ready for your date." Mama said. I gulped because I know this is not going to end well for me.

3 hours later:

"Are we done yet? I've been here for 3 hours." I said. "Alright that's enough he needs to leave if he's going to get to the festival in time." My mama said.

I got up and looked in the mirror. I was wearing a white blouse and black pants. The festival wasn't for a few hours so I practiced some sword techniques for a few hours.

Before I knew it. It was time to go. The director got a cab for me and I headed to the festival. "Gloreth I hope I don't mess this up." I thought.

30 minutes later:

I was able to get to the festival and waited for Ambrosius at the front. The festival was near a lake so I waited near the dock. Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked behind me and saw... TODD