Dance of love

Eren was looking at Mikasa blushing, stumbling on her words after he asked what he was to her, just wanting to hope he could break free of his destined dark path. Mikasa opened her mouth to speak, her voice shaky and nervous, as Eren braced himself for the answer.

"Y-you're uh... you're my family." She blurted out, Eren's eyes softening in disappointment, having yet another one of his future memories becoming a reality. The two then noticed an old man with a tray of tea in his hands standing awkwardly between the two. He spoke in a foreign language that Mikasa and Eren couldn't understand, but his smile suggested he was greeting them. Armin then was heard calling out to the two, making them peer down at the others climbing up the hill, shouting at Eren for running off on his own. He looked tired at them already knowing they'd turn up, while Mikasa looked at Eren still blushing at him.

The old man then left with that tray, going back to his tent where there was a little party. The old man was asking them to come over, which Eren convinced the others to come too. Before they could go inside, Mikasa dragged Eren aside for a second, being alone with him again, wanting to finish their conversation. Mikasa looked at Eren's eyes seeing he looked upset and tired, which she noticed early on throughout the day. She was cornered that she'd done something to upset him with how she answered his question, so she decided to speak her mind instead, letting out what she'd been keeping hidden for a long time.

"Eren... I need to tell you something, but please... don't tell the others."

"What?" He asked tiredly, not seeing the point in hearing what she had to say.

"I don't see you as family... I see you as more than that." Eren's eyes grew wider, his heart skipping a beat at this. Mikasa took his hands into hers, staring up at him with a shy smile, while Eren looked confused.

"For a long time, I've felt this way toward you, but I never had it in me to tell you. I always thought that I was a bother to you and always boss you around. So the truth is... I love you Eren. You're the reason I'm alive, the reason I fight every day, and... the reason I smile." Mikasa confessed tearfully, Eren's eyes tearing up as he felt his arms go numb. Mikasa cupped his cheek, as she leaned up to kiss his cheek softly, Eren gasping at her and making a move. Eren was still in shock, this wasn't in his memories, which meant, breaking out of the future was a possibility. He then hugged her tightly making her gasp being so close to him. The last time she was this close to him was when she hugged him when he first came out of his Titan.

"Th-thank you... Mikasa. Thank you."

"F-for what?"

"Saving me." Was all he needed to say, as he broke apart to kiss her on the lips, she gasped being taken back from his sudden affection. She didn't what she did to make Eren feel like this or feel in debt to her. All she knew was that she somehow saved him and that was enough for her. She kissed him back wrapping her arms around him, Eren doing the same, the two growing more passionate with each other. Armin inside peered out from the tent, seeing his best friends, which he smiled getting up to come out and congratulate them. He took his time waiting by the entrance for them to finish, which he felt a bit of a perv.

The two broke apart to see their blushing faces, breathing heavy and smiling with tears streaming down their cheeks. Armin then came out as the two jumped breaking away from each other, making Armin laugh.

"A-Armin?! Nothing happened, we were just-"

"Look if you guys wanted to be alone, all you had to do was ask us. Don't worry I'm not gonna tell everyone about it."

"Seriously Armin if you tell any of them I'll kill you." Eren warned him, Armin crossing his heart, swearing to never tell. The two relaxed, getting back closer with each other, Armin smiling at them both and gave them a hug. Eren and Mikasa blushed embarrassed, hugging Armin back awkwardly. He was so happy for them both, always knowing eventually they'd be together, one way or another. He then broke away from them and entered on back into the party, leaving the two to themselves again.