Chapter 14: Duel at Times Square

Spider-Man went to Max's workplace to surprise him for his birthday only to find him dead in a vat. Felicia called the police, and they came and took the body away. Afterwards Y/N and Felicia went on a date together. In the morgue Max's body lies there until the light begins to flicker and Max's dead body starts to shake uncontrollably, and the lights shatter as Max wakes up and sees his new body. An object was about to fall on him when he lifted his hand, and it floated, and it dropped to the ground. He gets up and starts to walk away as he grabs a black hoodie to hide his appearance. Y/N and Felicia were out on a date.

Felicia: What's wrong?

Y/N: Nothing... I'm just thinking about Max... No one should die on their birthday.

Felicia: It's not your fault.

Y/N: I know... I just wished I was there to save him.

Felicia held Y/N's hand as she smiled, and they kissed. With Max he was walking down the street as all the cars around him went off. He approaches one of them and touches it and the alarm stops. He then sees energy all around him and he begins to walk once again. After Y/N and Felicia finished eating they were both walking on a pier overlooking the ocean.

Felicia: I miss my father.

Y/N: Where is he?

Felicia: Currently being held in Ryker's.

Y/N: Why did he steal?

Felicia: We were in debt. He decided to come up with the Black Cat persona to get us out of debt. It worked but he was eventually caught.

Y/N: And then you became the Black Cat.

Felicia: Yeah. Come on, I wanna show you something.

Felicia leads Y/N to her old hideout and when she opens it Y/N goes wide eyed as he sees stuff that was stolen years ago such as a painting, statues, gold bars, and bags of money.

Y/N: Your father stole all this?

Felicia: Most of this I stole throughout the years before I met you.

Y/N looks around in shock and amazement. At Time Square, Max was stumbling around trying to not draw attention. He looks around and sees energy everywhere until he sees the main power source and goes towards it. He opens the grate and starts to charge himself as the screen on the time square glitches. With Y/N and Felicia they see the lights flicker on and off and they look at each other while at the Time Square a police officer sees him.

Police Officer: Station, l need a 10-85. Send out additional units to the south-end corner of Duffy Square.

He starts to approach him.

Police Officer: Folks, could you step to the side? Everybody get out of the way! Get out of the way! Sir, get your hands away from the cables right now! Sir, get your hands away from the cables! Let me see your hands, please!

Max looks up and sees the police officer and the officer pulls out his pistol.

Police Officer: You stay right where you are! Do not move! Freeze! Get down! On the ground!

Max gets up and a truck was about to hit when he stops it and picks it up and throws it on the ground. People started to run as Captain George and other police officers arrive and surround him.

Captain George: Get down on the ground, now!

Max: No! Stop!

Police Officer 2: Get your ass down on the ground! Now!

Max: It's not my fault!

Captain George: Sir! I'm gonna need for you to get down on the ground, now! For your own safety and the safety of the other patrons in this area.