☆ Chapter 15 ☆

I slept good that night because I knew August would tell me any information I want.

I woke up and put on a plain white shirt and black jeans with white converse.

I grabbed my phone and bag, heading out the door.

When I got to the bus top I saw Sameerah texting on her phone. She looked up at me and smiled.

"Hey girl where you been hiding?!" I asked hugging her.

"In Miami with this family shit." She said.

The bus came and we all got on. Well, all except for August. -insert evil laugh-

*********************

"Today class, I'm giving you a project that you can work in groups with. You have to create a musical that is no less than an hour long. You have until spring break to complete it. Oh and you have to film it. Good luck." The chorus teacher said.

I gathered up Sameerah, Taylor, Kaila, and Trey.

"So what we gone do?" Taylor asked.

"Shiddd ion know." Sameerah said, flipping her hair behind her shoulder.

"What can you guys do?" I said laying back
"Well we can all sing and Camari you can sing and rap." Kaila said
"Who writes or do you guys wanna use somebody else's song and remix it?" Samerrah asked
"I write some stuff but as a precaution each person pick a song and you guys could come over tomorrow and we could figure out the details." I suggested.

Everyone nodded and we started talking about ideas.

"What about like, the Carmen movie?" Kaila asked.

"Nah, not original." Trey said.

"What about a hood Cinderella?" Taylor asked.

"That could work!" I said. Everyone agreed.

"So, we need the roles. Of course Trey will be the prince, but who is Cinderella?" I asked.

"Girl! You! " Sameerah, Taylor, and Kaila shouted.

"Ok then I'm Cinderella."

"I'll be the evil step mom!" Sameerah said.

"Two step sisters!" Taylor and kaila said raising their hands.

"Who is the fairy god mother?" Sameerah asked.

"Hi everyone." This girl said, standing in front of us. We all looked at eachother and nodded.

"Aye, can you be the fairy god mom in our hood Cinderella?" Trey asked.

"Yeah sure." She said.

"We all need to go over somebody house and practice songs and stuff." Taylor said.

"We can come to my house, my mom can help with lyrics." I said.

We went through the rest of class thinking of song ideas.

**************

At lunch

I got my tray and sat at a random, empty table. A girl with black box braids walked up to me.

"Um excuse you! This my squad table." She said looking me up and down.

"Um no bitch ima sit here if I want to." I said, looking at her.

"That's why you can't sing better than me." Oh hell no.

I stood up and got in her face.

"So you wanna have a singing competition."