Chapter 7 Her

June 22th, Wednesday

-Pinch me cause I think I'm dreaming.- said Tamara walking in the room full of accumulated friends. Insightfully, she examined the scene as if she knew what the crux was. - I'm sick of your ineptitude, tell me what's going on.

-Nothing.- snorted her sister, hiding a piece of paper behind her back. This, however, did not elude Tamara's vigilant eye. She approached the group of four people sitting cross-legged on the floor and stretched out her hand towards Zoella.

-You've gotta be kidding me, I'm not giving you this. -she replied.

-Excuse me?

-I'm serious. It's top secret and you're too young to be involved.

-You're so not fair!- Tamara screamed. -I've helped you to get the information you needed and now I'm suddenly not old enough to be a part of this?

-Let's all calm down.- placated Amy, rectifying herself. -I think it wouldn't hurt if she knew about it. We won't take her with us but she can sit and listen.

Zoella looked at her cousin, questionably. Tamara was her 13 years old little sister with thick dark her to the shoulders. Naturally, Zoey didn't want to jeopardize her life for the case. She felt the need to look after her and make sure she's safe. But the girl always intruded where she shouldn't.

-See? Amy thinks I am old enough.- she said firmly, sitting down between Franklin and Melanie.

-Eh...fine. But don't be so naive to think you're going anywhere with us, all right? What we're doing is highly dangerous. Also, don't interrupt, just sit quietly.

-Okay, okay, whatever. - snarled Tamara.

Zoella presented the facts that her sister had extracted from her grandmother to the assembled people. However, this was not without her constantly adding and cutting in, driving her older sister nuts. Tamara liked to feel important, and the fact that she was the only one who could complete the previous task filled her with pride. In the family, all attention was usually focused on Zoella as she was quite a problem child and teenager. Because of her misbehaviour, Tamara was no longer able to experience such lax parents, which only added to her frustration.

-So, if the removal company gets there at 12 o'clock, we should be there around 1 pm. -stated Amy.

-Yeah, assuming the plans won't change in the course of next 24 hours. -added Franklin supporting his chin on the fist.

-Can everybody make it there on time?- asked Zoella.

-I'll skip two last classes.- replied Franklin.

-Yeah, same. - threw Amy.

-What about you, Mellie?- the brunette looked at the girl.

-Um... I think I could skip one class...

-You don't have to, if you don't want to. Maybe Jacob will come.

Amy immediately sent the girl a disdainful look.

-Girl, if you can't make it, tell us. -the girl turned to Melanie.-But you gotta do it now when you still can. We'll be fine without you, promise. I'll take care of your bestie. -she embraced the cousin aggressively.