Chapter 9 Got you

July 8th, Saturday

More than a week had passed and Hellington seemed to have stopped in time. It was just after the sunset, the last bits of its rays could still be seen over the mountains.

-Zoey! Wait!- shouted Ben, panting deeply. He approached the girl, stretching his arm over her shoulder with a sly grin. -What's up?- he asked.

Zoella rose an eyebrow, smile growing on her face.

-Aren't you afraid, babygirl? - he teased her.

-Oh! -she cackled in his direction. -As if it was possible to be scared with you around.

He laughed in response, tilting his head slightly to the left.

-What? -she frowned when mimicking his actions.

-I'm just admiring my gorgeous friend.

-Come on!- she winced and then bumped his arm in banter.

-What are you guys up to? - Amy came to them, her eyes big and mouth wide open. -What's going on? -she murmured.

-Ben's hitting on me. AGAIN. -giggled Zoella as they were walking towards the same old house with its fence covered in moss and its doors missing handles.

Amy went momentarily pale, directing her gaze either at Ben or Zoey. She took a deep breath, as if preparing to say something, but then unexpectedly closed her mouth, sighing with regret.

-Oh it's not like that!- exclaimed Ben after noticing the expression on Amy's face. His voice then became much softer with eyebrows going up like a sad puppy. -Amy it's alright. - He embraced the blonde, stroking her hair, making it all look as if they both couldn't take a joke.

Zoey frowned with bewilderment when they started talking about something random as if it was a normal thing to be mad about. She then threw to Franklin :

-What's this about, huh?

He looked at Ben and Amy, dropped the gaze and then murmured:

-Uh I don't know... Everything is normal.

What the....? Why is everyone acting so oddly out of the blue? First this conversation in front of the school and now she's jealous of another friend of mine? This girl really should smoke some to calm the f down.

After a couple of minutes they were finally standing in front of their destination, nervously looking around for any unwanted guests or police.

-Do we have a key or do I need to perform karate kid in here? -chuckled Ben.

-I do.- replied Zoey, handing him an object.

-Thank you, ma'lady. Does anyone want to do the honors?- he asked waving the key in the air.

-Hey! Be quiet! -scolded him Amy. -We don't wanna get caught. Just open the damn door.

Somebody's in the mood.

The boy carefully inserted the key into the lock and turned it to the left, but met resistance. So he tried the other way. The door squeaked as the lock jumped into place and Ben could remove it. But it didn't want to get out. His face showed signs of distress and apprehension when he tried to turn it the other way and it also didn't work.

-What's taking so long?- quired Franklin. -Do you need help?

-Erm... guys...- whispered Ben sheepishly. -You wanna come over here? Please...?

-Ben what the... -rebuked Amy, moving the boy to the side. She grasped the key, pushed it a little bit and turned to the left. -Seriously?- she turned to the rest of them, showing the key in her right hand and the other being on the opened door. -Was that so hard to figure out? -she threw a proud look at Ben.