powers

"Here," he said, while handing me one of the drinks.

"Thanks," I replied, taking the iced tea gratefully. It was a simple gesture, but it meant a lot.

As we sipped our drinks, I felt a growing urge to share something with him. "Seungmin, there's something I want to tell you."

He looked at me with kind eyes, encouraging me to continue.

"I have this... power," I began slowly, unsure how to put it into words. "I can hear people's thoughts. It's not something I can control, and sometimes it gets out of my control."

As I shared my secret with Seungmin, his initial surprise was evident in his widened eyes. However, his shock quickly transformed into understanding as he took in the weight of what I had revealed.

Seungmin's expression remained understanding, his gaze never leaving mine.

I took a deep breath and continued, "Remember that incident with Hyunjin and the fan? I knew what was happening because... I heard her thoughts."

His eyebrows furrowed slightly, but he remained attentive.

"When I'm near you," I explained, "I can sense nothing. It's like your presence shields me from all the noise, and it's the only time I get relief from this power."

Seungmin's smile returned, comforting and reassuring. "Y/N, I'm here for you. If you ever need help or if things get too much, just let me know. I'll do whatever I can."

His words were like a warm embrace, and I felt grateful to have someone who understood and supported me. But there was one thing I didn't share, something that my parents had told me about a soulmate who could ease the pain caused by my power. I didn't want to burden Seungmin with that information, fearing it might make him uncomfortable.