Girl Squad, The Movie

GIRL SQUAD

Written by KELLY E. KEOUGH

Kelly e. Keough kellykeoughatyahoodotcom WGA Registered 2013

Note: Screenplay format imported from final draft is not supported on Wattpad. To signal you, the reader, for the dialog, I have put the CHARACTER in italics and the dilog underneath.

For example,

HAILEY

What's it gonna be? Me or your career? If you know what's good for you, Johnny, you'll pick...

Begin Opening Scene...

INT. STAPLES CENTER/LOS ANGELES - NIGHT

House lights dim. Like fireworks, GIRL FANS burst with excitement. The worshiping AUDIENCE makes heart-shaped hands and waves glow-sticks. GIRLS scream and cry. And like Carly Simon, they wait in anticipation.

Now, house lights flicker. It’s a teenage pleasure explosion.

GIRL FANS

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Pyrotechnics on the pop music stage light up the name “JOHNNY ANGEL”, signaling everyone to TWEET NOW. Smart phones go to work. A HUGE BLACK GUY MC starts the show.

MC

When I say “Johnny”, you say,

“Angel”! Johnny! Angel!

GIRL FANS 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Out of a tower on stage bounces FOUR BAD BOY BACK UP DANCERS. Then JOHNNY ANGEL, think a bad-ass Justin Bieber, leaps from the rafters, lands center stage. Wears purple, his fav color.

JOHNNY ANGEL

It’s great to be back in LA!

Johnny breaks into his hit song.

JOHNNY ANGEL

One look, was all it took...

Girls wrestle to get a snap shot of Johnny, any part of him: his nose, the bottom of his red sneakers, his buff butt. Wrestling turns to kick boxing each other to get a peek.

GIRL FANS

You’re soooo crazy cra cra! He’s mine! 

Move outta my way, bee-atch! Make me, fat momma!

Johnny, oblivious to the fighting Girls in the audience, busts a move and then tears his shirt off.

INT. STAPLES BACKSTAGE AREA/WINGS - NIGHT

HAILEY, 15, a classy tween chick dressed in a Burberry trench and dark sunglasses POPS OUT from behind the BACKSTAGE WINGS. She’s not only cool, she’s calm. We don’t know what she’s up to. Yet. Checks her iPhone, looks to Johnny Angel on stage.

HAILEY (to herself)

Oh no, I’d better hurry up. He’s already half naked.

JOHNNY ANGEL

I’d like to dedicate this next one

to you, Los Angeles. Our number one fans.

Hailey reaches for Johnny.

HAILEY

You don’t know it yet, but I’m your 

number one...