Chapter V | Commander Kamado

The warmth of the sun brushed over my face, pulling me out of my sleep. The ground below me was hard, harder than the usual sleeping bag I recall always snuggling up in whenever I was on my journey. I turned to my side, hoping to gain another ten minutes of sleep before one of my Pokémon decided it was time to wake me up and get moving.

A minute later, I jolted up, remembering that wouldn't happen. I was surrounded by four wooden walls, and I was sleeping on a white blanket with a flatten pillow under my head. It was all much different than the sleeping bag I'd sleep on outside or one of the beds I'd sleep in when traveling. That was a life long gone. For now. Somehow, I'd get back. I needed to get back somehow.

I stretched my arms over my head, feeling every bone in my spine crack at the slightest movement. When my hands dropped to my sides, I ran my hand across the blanket, feeling the wooden floor underneath.

Regardless of how long I was going to stay here, I was going to need to figure out some way to figure out a better sleeping arrangement.

That was a problem for another day. I stood up, grabbing Rowlet's Poké Ball before catching sight of a full length mirror in the corner. Strange how the best bed they could make was nothing more than a blanket, yet here was a mirror, revealing my reflection. My navy blue hair hung at my sides, framing my face. I ran my fingers through it, trying to untangle the knots from it. Yet another thing I would have to worry about if I was going to stay here long. Just who did I need to ask around here for some necessities? At least they were gracious enough to lend me a room for the night, but I had nothing except the clothes I wore and Rowlet's Poké Ball.

My eyes widened when it hit me. The sun was up. I wasn't just sore because I stayed in bed; I was sore because I ventured outside, and because of it, I overslept.

Hopefully, Captain Cyllene would cut me some slack. Remembering her harsh demeanor, that would be a long run.

They wouldn't really kick someone out of the village, would they? I wondered as I dashed outside, nearly running into a young woman wearing a rice hat.

"Sorry!" I apologized.

"Everly! There you are. The commander is looking for you," she explained. Her voice was oddly familiar, making me realize this was Maki, the same woman from last night. It was so dark, I didn't even get a good look at her, but with her rice hat and wearing the same red Security Corps outfit as everyone else, she seemed to blend in with everyone in town.

"Commander?" I repeated. "Don't you mean Captain Cyllene?"

Maki shook her head. "No. Captain Cyllene works for the commander. You should make haste. It is never good to keep him waiting"

Before I could say another word, she left, making me feel a pit in my stomach.

Hisui is an unforgiving place. The words echoed into the back of my head. If it was the commander who wanted to see me, then I had to have been in huge trouble. I drew in a deep breath, glancing down at Rowlett's Poké Ball that was in my hand.

This was the end of my time in Jubilife Village, wasn't it?

(-o-)

When I walked into the Galaxy Hall, which was the largest building in town, built with its vibrant red brick and steel statues of Magikarp sitting on top. It was only a few steps away from the house I was staying in, yet just standing outside of it made me feel like I was in a different place. Just like the outside of the building, the inside made me feel small two pairs of staircases on either side of the front door, each complete with a velvety floor plastered on top of the cedar wood. Looking down, there was a golden Galaxy Team Emblem embroidered into the carpet.