Chapter VII | Time for Adventure

I drew in a deep breath after following Rei up the countless flights of stairs. It wasn't because I was out of shape—I wasn't, not with all the traveling I did—but because of how fast Rei was. Never have I ever seen him move so swiftly, yet there he was, zipping up the stairs like a Zigzagoon in the wild.

Looking up, I could see he was already leaning against the wall. The door was cracked slightly, so the tinies of weight against it would cause it to swing open. It was smart he decided to lean against the wall beside it. With the door already cracked, it wouldn't take much to listen in as long as we were quiet.

I didn't even need to stand next to him to hear the two we had just ran into bicker.

"...intend to do about that Kleavor, Commander Kamado‽" a masculine voice demanded. "He may have descended from the almighty Sinnoh, but look at the mess he's causing. We can't sit back and let him rage on!"

There was a heavy sigh before the commander responded, "You do get right to the point Adaman."

"Time wasted is time lost," the man from before, Adaman, stated before there was an agitated sound coming from someone else.

"Kleavor is one of our precious lords," a feminine voice shot.

"Irida does bring up a good point. What would you have us do?" Commander Kamado asked.

Before I could look at Rei to ask, he held up a hand, whispering the answer. "Lord, or Noble Pokémon, are strong Pokémon that the Diamond and Pearl clan admire and worship. They believe the Almighty Sinnoh chose those Pokémon to protect the Hisui Region," he explained.

"Yet they're attacking people?" I asked, remembering what Beni said last night.

Rei shrugged. "This has never happened before," he said before looking back at me. "We never had people fall from the sky."

I blinked, but Rei looked away from me and towards the cracked open door, hoping to listen more to what the leaders of the Diamond and Pearl clan had to say to Commander Kamado. I didn't see what was happening inside like he was, but I could only imagine it wasn't good. Not when there seemed to be different views on what to do about this protected Pokémon.

"Might as well say it, you fool. Look, we don't even know what drove Lord Kleavor into such a violent frenzy," the leader of the Pearl Clan, Irida, argued.

"I'd like to know that myself," claimed Adaman. "This is a first as far as my clan knows."

"Then maybe it is time we gain a new perspective," Commander Kamado said.

There was a pause before the door swung open. My eyes widened as Rei backed up, bumping into me. He didn't even look back to apologize, but why would he? Commander Kamado towered over us. His steel colored eyes looked at us with disdain.

Again, I couldn't blame him either. The man had caught the two of us eavesdropping on the conversation. It'd be one thing if he wanted to meet with one of us, but no. We weren't supposed to step foot into the building. Not unless the professor needed us, but we had a Pokédex to complete.

"This is perfect timing," Commander Kamado said. "Rei, I'm certain you've already met the leaders of the Diamond and Pearl clan, correct?"

Rei nodded his head as stood inside. I, on the other hand, took a better look at them. Seeing the young woman up close, she reminded me of a famous Pokémon Performer in Kalos. Her blonde hair was just shorter and her blue eyes were much more serious. Standing across from her was the blue and blonde haired man, who raised an eyebrow at her, crossing his arms.

Commander Kamado quickly formally introduced me to the Leader of the Pearl Clan, Irida, and to the Leader of the Diamond Clan, Adaman.

"I have a proposition," the commander proclaimed. "Why not send these two to study Kleavor before deciding what must be done."