Insomnia [Matt]

I have insomnia, so I'll probably just project onto Matt a little bit 😙

Matt was tossing and turning. He groaned in frustration and checked the time.

2:37AM

Matt was supposed to be in bed three hours ago. Well, that's what he told his brothers, anyways.

He wasn't sure if it was the fact he could hear them in the kitchen, or the fact this was a common occurrence that made him angry.

Matt rolled over and covered his ears. He shut his eyes tight and managed to fall asleep.

________

Matt groaned and rolled over, looking at the time.

3:44AM

Matt frowned. He was only asleep for an hour and some minutes. He let out a huff of anger as quiet footsteps walked past his room.

Chris.

Matt knew that. He could usually hear him walking around at night, usually because he couldn't sleep, either.

Matt brushed it off and tried to go back to sleep, but this time he struggled.

He laid on his back and began to try and count sheep. He gets to eighty before looking at the clock and frowning, again.

4:28AM

Seriously? Why is he struggling to sleep, again?

Matt always struggles to sleep, but he didn't think tonight would be the worst.

He yawned and rolled over to face the wall, closing his eyes. He tried to clear his already empty mind, hoping it'll help him sleep.

Eventually, it worked, and he managed to fall asleep.

Matt woke up to hardly any sunlight through the window. He looked at the clock and almost screamed in frustration.

5:57AM

What the fuck?

Why is he waking up like this?

Matt gets out of bed to use the bathroom, hoping that'll help him sleep better.

When he comes back to his room a few minutes later, he flops on his bed and closes his eyes.

Matt tosses and turns and groans in uncomfortableness for a while, then checks the time.

6:18AM

Matt gave up and went on his phone. He watched YouTube and listened to a podcast before the sun blocked the view of his screen. He checked the time, and his jaw dropped.

9:37AM

Holy shit!

Matt doesn't even remember the sunrise at all.

He slowly gets out of bed, quietly going to the kitchen to make a sandwich. He yawns the entire time.

He goes back to his room, watching YouTube and eating the sandwich.

Matt doesn't remember when he fell asleep, but he suddenly jolts awake to a noise in the kitchen.

12:35PM

Nick and Chris must be awake.

Matt slowly gets out of bed. He trudges in to the kitchen.

Nick turns his head and noticablely cringes.