End Of A Reign

"HEY, STOP. WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE? AND HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET IN HERE? WHERE ARE THE GUARDS? GUARDS, GUARDS. WHERE THE FUCK IS EVERYONE? HEY, NO, DON'T TOUCH THAT." Yuna yelled at the unknown people who were roaming around their Mansion in suits as if they owned everything. She saw SeoYoon coming out of her parents room out of the corner of her eye and immediately made her way towards her.

"Mom, who are they? Tell them to stop and call the cops. They're trespassing and where the hell are all the guards?" Both Yuna and SeoYoon tried their best to gain their attention and to get them to stop, but no one paid them any heed. Yuna ran outside in search of their guards or any worker, but the entire Mansion was empty. There wasn't a single soul other than her and her Mom and the men in suits.

"Mom, I can't find anyone. There isn't a single person in the Mansion. Where did they all go? I think we need to call the cops, Mom. These men look dangerous. And they're taking our stuffs. What if they're thieves?" Both Yuna and SeoYoon looked at each other in fear as SeoYoon took out her phone to call the police. But in the next second the phone was snatched out of her hands by a scary looking man, making both the mother and the daughter duo to scream in fear.

"I am sorry, Maam, but no outside calls are allowed until we finish our job. We are from the Income Tax dept. And this is the court order permitting us to conduct an extensive search of this Mansion and make a list of all the valuables. So, I suggest you both to stay out of our way and let us do our job. If not, we'll be forced to detain you and possibly arrest you for hampering with our job." The man spoke, showing them the court order and his badge.

"What the hell do you mean by you're from the Income Tax dept? Do you know who we are and whose Mansion this is? I could get you fired from your job and transfer you to some rural village where the sun don't shine if you don't get out of my home in the next five minutes. And tell your men to stop touching our stuff. Do you know every single item in this Mansion is worth more than your salary for an entire year, probably life? Wait until my husband finds out about this and you can say goodbye to your career forever." SeoYoon threatened the officer who looked unimpressed.

"Maam, threatening an officer on duty is a punishable offense and I can arrest you on the spot right now. And also you'll have to vacate this property as soon as we're done with the search because this property and all its belongings are going to be auctioned off to pay off all the debts. So if I were you I would be trying to find a job and probably a place to live unless you're fine with living on the streets." He spoke, dropping the bomb on them.

"No no no, it's not possible. You're lying. This is our home and you can't just barge in here and take everything. Just wait until my husband gets here and he'll clear everything. I'm sure this is just some misunderstanding." SeoYoon spoke, panicking while Yuna was completely frozen in shock.

"Maam, Mr. Kim DaeHyun had been apprehended from the hospital by the police this morning. He is arrested for illegal trading, fraud, embezzlement and smuggling. If all the allegations against him are proven right then he'll be going to prison for a very long time. And even if he somehow managed to get out of all the charges, he still has to pay back all the debt that he has taken from multiple banks and private sectors. And currently not only this Mansion and its belongings but all of the Kims properties, their assets including every single bank accounts has been frozen. In simple words, you're bankrupt and you don't own anything, not even the clothes on your backs."

Yuna was the first one to recover from the shock as she immediately opened her bank website to check her account and true enough, there was no money, not even a penny. She then gave her phone to her mother and urged her to check her account and once again the results were the same. There was nothing.

"Mom, what's happening? Please tell me I'm dreaming and this is just a nightmare and I'm going to wake up any second now. Tell me this is not true. That we didn't just lose our everything. SAY SOMETHING, DAMMIT." She violently shook a frozen SeoYoon who was mumbling things under her breath.