Paying Dues

Before I start, I just want to thank everyone who wished me on my birthday in the previous chapter. I really wanted to respond to each of you. But there were like more than forty comments, not to mention all the comments on my profile page. So, I am sorry that I couldn't respond to all the comments. It wouldn't have been fair if I had responded to some and not to others. So, I chose to say thank you to all of you this way. I hope that's ok. Once again, thank you so much guys. I have never got so many wishes ever on my birthday. So, this means a lot. Thank you. Now, let's continue...

Jungkook had been trying to concentrate on his work for the past one hour, but for some reason his mind and heart was in turmoil. There was this sudden desperate need inside him to see Taehyung and he couldn't understand why it was happening. And after making a stupid mistake that even beginners won't do for the third time, he decided to take a break and speak to the person who was invading his thoughts so much. But just when he was about to pick up his phone, the door to his cabin opened with Hoseok walking in.

"Jungkook, our new client is here for the meeting. He is waiting for you in the conference room. So, shall we go?" Jungkook looked at Hobi and then back at his phone. He didn't know why he was feeling so unsettled suddenly. It didn't make any sense. He assumed it was because of the talk they had in the morning and seeing Taehyung breaking down in his arms maybe had a bigger impact on him than he initially thought.

'Yeah, that must be it. I am just unsettled because I saw him cry.' he thought.

"Jungkook, are you alright? Do you want me to postpone this meeting? You seem to be distracted." Hobi spoke, bringing Jungkook out of his thoughts.

"No need. I am fine. Let's just get this over with." Jungkook spoke, getting up from his chair and making his way out the room with Hobi following him.

" Jungkook spoke, getting up from his chair and making his way out the room with Hobi following him

"TAEHYUNG." JiHo screamed as she rushed to his side as the gun went off. Taehyung's heart started beating at a million miles per hour at the sound of the gun shot and he waited for the imminent pain but nothing came. He opened his eyes slowly only to witness the most shocking site of his father on the floor, growling in pain, gripping his bloody hand. It should've made him scared and nauseous but all he felt was relief.

Taehyung clutched onto JiHo's hands for support as they both stood frozen at their spot. DaeHyun tried to grab his gun once again ignoring the pain in his hand, but couldn't when another bullet hit him, this time on the other hand. He screamed in agony as now both his hands had bullet holes in them while Taehyung just watched his own father get shot without any emotion on his face.

"Move another inch and I'll be putting the next bullet in your head. Be thankful that I haven't already emptied the entire gun on you after what you tried to do. The only reason I haven't is because I don't want you to have an easy death. Bastards like you deserve to rot in jail. And after pulling this stupid stunt, that's exactly where you'll end up, that is, if Jungkook doesn't kill you first."