Chapter 16

Lisa awoke the next morning to find Jennie still asleep. She giggled softly, realizing the smaller girl had snaked her arms up the sleeves of Lisa's hoodie to keep her hands warm. The events of the night before played in her head like a movie scene and she couldn't help the smile that spread across her face.

"Nini" she whispered, nudging the smaller girl softly "Nini I have to get up," she giggled looking over at the clock and remembering she had class that morning. "Hmmm," the smaller girl hummed, fluttering her eyes open and smiling widely the moment she saw Lisa next to her. "Hi," she beamed.

"Morning." Lisa laughed sliding out from underneath the girl and sitting up.

"I have class today," Lisa said, walking over to her closet and digging through her clothes. "Which means you get to stay home with Jisoo until I'm back, okay?"

Jennie nodded softly. She'd been getting better at realizing that Lisa does, in fact, come back home when she leaves in the mornings. That didn't mean she liked it, though.

Lisa slipped into the bathroom and changed into a comfortable outfit for class wearing an old t-shirt because she knew they'd be painting that day, Jennie waited patiently outside the door and smiled like an idiot when Lisa re-emerged.

"Someone's in a good mood," Lisa giggled. Jennie just nodded.

"Yes, I kissed you" she chimed, reminding Lisa of the night before.

Lisa's cheeks grew red. "That you did," she laughed and ran a hand through her hair. "You can always do it again, y'know," she raised an eyebrow. Jennie's face lit up, as if she hadn't even considered the idea.

"Okay" she nodded once. Without another word Jennie grabbed Lisa's face gently and planted kisses all over her face, finally pecking her lips once before taking a step back and smiling widely. Lisa's face was blood red by the time she was done. "Your turn," Jennie smiled.

"My turn?" Lisa smirked. Jennie just nodded, and Lisa pulled Jennie closer to her. The smaller girl giggled excitedly, which made Lisa's stomach flutter. She placed one hand on the back of Jennie's neck and closed the gap between them, slowly bringing their lips together.

This kiss lasted longer than the ones they'd shared before, if only by a few seconds. Kissing Jennie was different from anyone else Lisa had ever kissed. The smaller girl was soft and gentle, and it made Lisa's heart skip a beat. They pulled apart and moments later were interrupted by the flash of a camera.

"What the...?" Lisa whipped her head around, spotting Jisoo peering out of her doorway. "Oh my god," Lisa's cheeks grew red and she covered her face. Jennie giggled.

"Rose and Somi aren't going to believe this," Jisoo smirked, walking over and tucking her phone into her pocket. Jennie clapped her hands excitedly. "C'mon Lisa, it's cute,“ Jisoo laughed and nudged her roommate. Lisa took her hands away from her face and scowled at the older girl, but couldn't hold back her smile.

"I hate to interfere, but you're going to be late for class if you don't hurry your ass up." Jisoo pointed to the clock and Lisa cursed under her breath. All three girls ended up downstairs, and Jennie wandered into the kitchen.

"So you two.." Jisoo smirked once she and Lisa were alone. "How'd that come about?"

Lisa shrugged, grabbing her bag from the couch. "She kissed me and it sorta just happened," she bit her lip to hide her smile when Jisoo clapped her hands happily. Just then, Jennie padded back into the room and handed Lisa a banana.

"Breakfast," she smiled softly. Lisa giggled, finding the small gesture extremely adorable.

"Thank you," Lisa tossed her backpack over her shoulder. "I'll be back after lunchtime, okay?" Jennie nodded softly. Lisa bent down and placed a kiss on the younger girl's cheek. "See you soon," she Smiled softly, waving as she slipped out the door. Once she was gone, Jennie sighed and sat down on the couch.