C1 Part 3

Tanner took a seat next to Eric at the docks while Eric was excitedly opening his takeout box.
"So...you seem pretty pleased with yourself? Is it because you avoided a conflict back at the bar?"
"Nah even better, I got this grilled fish for free because of the situation at the tavern!"
"Wha- Your horrible!"
"Nah I'm just clever"

"Jeez Eric...haha...hey I actually believed you by the way about coming from overseas"
"Then why did you lie?"
"It's just...a complicated situation"
"I got time, why don't you explain?"
"You sure? Why would you even care about a stranger's problems anyways?"
"Why would you come all this way just to sit with me here?"

"I...fair point. As a kid I had a terrible childhood, my parents left me in this town in favour of exploring the sea on their own. I was taken in by the Jaw pirates, a group of pirates who lives in the outskirts of Redwake and steals from the town. But it wasn't always like that, before we would only take what we would need but as we kept taking in more people we needed more food and became more aggressive."

"Now they are threatening Redwake and are stealing loads of supplies from the town. But I can't bring myself to speak up about it because they took me in when nobody else would. And since I try my best not to steal or harm all the residents are fine with me going into taverns and staying in Redwake. So I'm stuck in this awkward middle with both parties and I don't really know where to go from there...what do you think I should do?"

"Mannnnn that meal was so good! I can see why the commander loved the fish so much."
"Were you even listening Eric??"
"Oh I was don't worry, honestly that seems really tough for you to deal with, especially with having no parents to help guide you through it."
"Yea...honestly I feel like there's no escape from this situation. Maybe I'm just doomed to live out the rest of my life like this."
"Why don't you just leave? Get a boat, get out there and live a little?"

"Easier said then done I can't just leave the pirates, even if they are becoming more scummy they still treat me alright. Plus I can't just go all by myself I have little to no combat experience. I have a sword but I haven't learned many good skills even with practice. And who would be crazy enough to come with me anyways?"
"Well then how about you join my crew?"

"Huh?"
"Yea I'm serious! You'd be the first member but I feel me and you could do great things together Tanner!"
"Your kidding, you don't even have any members."
"Or a ship for that matter"
"Or a ship for that matter...*sigh* I don't even know you anyways."
"I'll admit it's a bit of a gamble but wouldn't it be fun? Starting from rock bottom then making something great out of it? Travelling the seas in search of a grand adventure! Wouldn't that be a fun and fulfilling life?"
"...well-"

Suddenly Eric heard rapid footsteps approaching him and Tanner, he turned his head to see a woman who had a nervous look on her face.

"Hey you two are strong right?? There are pirates! The Jaw pirates are raiding our supply shed and took my friend hostage!!"
"What?! Jaw pirates??" Tanner replied
"Tell us where we can find them!" Eric inquired.
"Over by the Red Fin! Behind the tavern!"
"Il send them packing don't worry! Tanner I know your situation is unique but I could really use your help dealing with them. Il go on ahead!"
"Wait Eric!" Eric ran off completely ignoring Tanners yelling

Out of all times for a raid to occur..."I could use your help" What was he thinking? hes gonna get himself killed! Tanner thought. He stood up and started running in the direction Eric was going.
He's right though I cant keep living like this No matter what happens today im ending this!