Chapter 1 - Small victory

A/N: Please read 'Cupiditas (part one)' before reading this! The story will make a lot more sense!

It's been over three months since Larissa and I ended our arrangement. For the first couple of weeks I missed her terribly. I became a bit of a recluse, going straight back to my room after the school day just to avoid running into her or Morticia. It was only when Divina came banging on my door one afternoon that I started to snap out of my miserable state.

"Let me in Mya!" she shouted through the thick wood.
I opened the door and she barged in.
"What the hell is wrong with you lately?" she demanded.
"Please come in, make yourself at home" I said sarcastically.
"You've been avoiding everyone for the past two weeks, what's going on?"
"It's nothing, I'll get over it. I just need some time to myself" I said dismissively.
She folded her arms and looked at me with a raised eyebrow, those piercing blue eyes searing into my mind.
"Urgh fine! It's...girl trouble".
"What?! Are you late?!"
"Not that kind of girl trouble you idiot!"
"Oh?...Oh!" she finally realised what I meant, "is it Wednesday? Is that why she's been ignoring you?"
"No, it's not her".
"Then who?"
"You don't know her. Things were just too complicated and we split up. But I really miss her".
Divina's expression softened, "I didn't even know you were seeing anyone".
"I had to keep it a secret, don't ask why. It was amazing while it lasted but now..." I trailed off, lost in thought. She gave me a massive hug. I clung on to her and shed a few tears, she didn't probe me further and just carried on holding me.
I felt a lot better after having a heart-to-heart with Divina about my elusive ex-girlfriend. The only things I told her were that she was an experienced older woman who I fell in love even though I swore to myself I wouldn't, I never mentioned any names.

Later that night I found the baggy white t-shirt that Larissa had given me. I didn't put it on, I just held it inhaling her scent as I lay in bed. It was like a comfort blanket to me and as I drifted off to sleep I imagined I was in her arms again.

After an amazing night's rest I realised the next day that this heartache wasn't worth it anymore. I decided to make some changes in my life and the first thing on my list was to make up with Wednesday. So during history class I sent her a message:

M: Hey Addams.
W: What do you want?
M: To be friends again.
W: No.
M: Please?
W: No.
M: Pretty please?
W: I said no.
M: 😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞

I knew humour wasn't the way to her heart but it was all I had right now.

M: Let me buy you a quad at the Weathervane. Just hear me out. I miss your black soul 🖤
W: If it will stop you from pestering me then fine. When?
M: Today? After school?
W: I'll meet you there.

"Yes! One small victory!" I celebrated in my head.

A/N: This is what Mya looks like in my head 👇