Episode Twelve: The Woman With a Frozen Heart

(Start on the Isle of Tims. LEO, EMMA, and BALAN are standing in front of door number 8.)

Balan-Well, are you ready to finish this once and for all?

Leo-Yep.

(BALAN turns towards LEO.)

Balan-Leo, what are you doing here?

Leo-Coming with you.

Balan-You can't come with us. You're in a vulnerable emotional state. You should be resting.

Leo-Well, who's supposed to help Emma?

Balan-We could get Attilio to...

(He turns around and sees ATTILIO isn't there.)

Balan-Where'd Attilio go? Did he have his chat with Cass and leave? I see how it is.

(He sighs and turns forward again.)

Balan-Fine. You can go. Just be sure you know what you're getting yourself into.

Emma-What could have possibly happened to this person that you'd put them last?

Leo-Yeah, and why have you been strangely quiet about it?

Balan-I don't want to rub salt into any wounds.

Leo-You don't have to worry about me, Balan. I think that cry got all my emotions out of my system. In fact, I'm feeling better already.

(He walks through the door. EMMA and BALAN follow him. Opening theme. Cut to an icy forest. LEO, EMMA, and BALAN are standing on a circle on a patch of snow surrounded by four walls. LEO looks miserable.)

Leo-I'm not feeling better. I don't think I can do this.

Balan-I told you what to expect before you got here. Work like this takes extreme mental fortitude, something you shouldn't expect from someone who is in actual mourning.

(EMMA finds a costume diamond.)

Emma-Do you mind if I take this one?

Balan-Sure.

(He hands a key to EMMA. She puts it in the diamond. She is now wearing the Seal Skater costume.)

Balan-That one is the Seal Skater. It'll allow you to skate on ice like a true pro.

Leo-Oh, great. We're in ice world.

(He summons the changing curtain. He puts on the Floaty Flower costume.)

Leo-There. I bet I can just float over the ice.

(EMMA skates through a gap in the wall. LEO jumps up and floats for a short second. He slides on the ice.)

Leo-Not enough altitude.

(He slides through the wall into a long halfpipe made of ice.)

Leo-Whoa! No one told me DK Summit was going to be here!

Emma-At least you're feeling good enough to make video game references.

Leo-Oh, shut up! I'm busy wiping out here!

(They reach the end of the halfpipe and land in a patch of snow. EMMA trips and falls.)

Emma-Oops.

(She giggles and gets back up. LEO gets up as well.)

Balan-You know, Leo, you could have gotten a Seal Skater costume yourself.

Leo-No. Emma already took it.

Emma-And to be honest, watching you fall was pretty funny.

Leo-So was watching you fall.

Emma-Okay, you got me.