III. The Margot Robbie Crush

★ three ,
the margot robbie crush

MELBOURNE
       april 2022

*ੈ✩‧₊˚. ODESSA HUFFED loudly as she collasped to the ground after sam blocked another one of odessa's goals. the older girl laughed loudly "you're gonna have to try better than that to get through me, macca's been teaching me well. i'm like a brick wall"

"you're annoying" odessa grumbled "just let me get it in so my ego doesn't completely deflate and i can do a super cool backflip or something to celebrate."

"you can't do a backflip with a torn ACL, you'll only destroy it more" sam clicked her tongue, extending a hand out to odessa "get up sunshine, we're gonna keep doing this until you get five goals in a row"

odessa groaned loudly in despair, taking sams hand "can you at least make it fun?" her eyes brightened as an idea popped in her head "i can change the music to taylor swift instead of your gym bro playlist"

sam shook her head "gym bro playlist? it's drake you uncultured swine. and because of that, you can't change the music— but we can make this into a game, get to know each other"

"oh, so preppies in p.e?" odessa noddd her head.

sam knitted her eyebrows and scrunched up her nose "sure— you know what, it's exactly like that. if you get a goal, you can ask me any question you want. if i block it, i ask you a question"

odessa blinked twice "it's better than nothing"

sam smiled happily, placing the ball back and odessa's feet before making her way over to the white line on the goals "come on sunshine, try and beat this brick wall"

"you are embarrassing" odessa called back, she lifted her foot, slamming the side of her foot into the ball and watched as it scraped the top of sam's fingertips before crashing against the net. odessa thought for a second "start of easy, favourite colour?"

"red" sam answered, rolling the ball back to the striker.

odessa kicked it again, this time sam was able to deflect the ball from the goals. "when did you start playing netball"

"i was eight years old" odessa answered.

the taller brunette kicker it towards the goals again, groaning inwardly when sam defended the goal perfectly and hit the ball away. "what afl team do you barrack for?"

"i was always a mixture between richmond and sydney, i was a major tigers fan as a kid but i've met so many sydney swans players and their team colours just remind me of the swifts" odessa replied.

the next kick had gone in. "favourite part of being a professional footballer?"

"the feeling it gives me when a crowd lights up after i've kicked a goal" sam smiled at the thought "i love getting to meet all the fans, watching little kids faces light up in joy. i love all of it."

the next goal was blocked by sam. "favourite goal?"

odessa hummed "my first world cup, at the grand final. the final shot, the winning shot."

"that was an awesome shot" sam nodded her head "my mum and i were screaming like crazy when you got that shot in."

sam had missed the ball the following time, allowing odessa's kick to sneak through the girls fingertips. "favourite song, that isn't from your stupid gym bro playlist."