XII. I Should Hate You. . .

★ twenty - two ,
i should hate you. . .

MELBOURNE  
december 2022

*ੈ✩‧₊˚           SUMMER CHRISTMAS was the best types of christmas. in odessa's opinion anyways. although she never had experienced waking up to snow on a christmas morning, she did wake up to small presents placed under her christmas tree. none in which were ever from her mother, just her father and santa.

the matildas, odessa and helen, who had both been confirmed as honourable matildas. arrived at katrinas house early christmas morning, odessa smiled upon walking up to mini's house. bright christmas lights decorating the outskirts of her home, following up to her large green christmas tree in her living room. hundreds of presents thrown under it as the other matildas were already sitting around, waiting for kyra and odessa's arrival.

odessa found herself placing her bag full of presents under the tree quickly before swiping harper off sam. "hi, my pretty baby"

she sat down beside sam, bouncing the one year old on her knee. harper giggled loudly, showing her growing teeth to everyone. harper was the kid of everyone's dreams, she was a sweetheart. always filled with joy, odessa could spend her entire life reliving her small moments with harper gorry.

"i want kids." odessa blurted outloud. "like if i don't have one soon i'm going to kidnap the next one i see."

"okay— harper baby come back to mumma" katrina called out jokingly.

odessa sighed, leaning back onto mini's couch. she let harper fall on her chest, cuddling up to the girls warmth. odessa smiled, running her nails down the baby's back. that was the dream, to have kids.

"i'm serious mini, honestly, i have two major choices. i adopt one or i go out" odessa stopped, covering harpers ears with her palms "and i get pregnant with a random guy" she whispered yelled, loud enough for everyone in the room to stop and stare at her but quiet enough for the baby in her arms to remain unfazed.

"oh my god dess, how drunk are you?" helen asked with wide eyes.

odessa shrugged pointing at kyra "ask her."

kyra grimaced, the pair had spent the entire morning drinking every ounce of alcohol kyra had in the house. if they were to had been pulled over while kyra was driving over to mini's, kyra would be fined heavily. possibly having her license taken from her. "we only had a few drinks"

"yep, you're done with her." sam hummed, taking the sleeping baby off odessa. cradling harper in her arms.

"sam!" odessa quietly snapped "you can't just take someone's kid like that."

"you're an alcoholic, sunshine. you can't have kids." sam whispered, shaking her head. "alcohol ruins the baby's basic functions."

"my mother was an alcoholic" odessa furrowed her eyebrows "she drank through her entire pregnancy with me—"

"point proven"

odessa's jaw dropped in offence, she turned to mary who sat next to her "is she saying i'm messed up in the head? because if she is we're about to go at it. tell her to pull up, maccas playground 9:42pm tonight."