The Party (part 2)

Suddenly Katie kept walking and bumped into me on purpose.
"I would like to apologize" she said to me.
"And i would like to rip off that ugly face of yours" i said.
"Excuse me?" She faked hurt while her hand was on her heart. I didnt answer and just glare at her.
"Listen, at least im not the girl who gets bullied by her own mom" she said. That is it, this is the moment when my fist is on her ugly face. It dropped her to the floor, and i saw blood coming down her nose.
"Oops, i would like to apologize" i said sarcastically. I turned around and kept walking. I told Nick to go with his friend and i went outside.
I was too focus on my thoughts that i didnt even hear the person next to me.
"Hey" he said. It was Neil, the guy who made the party.
"Hey" i mumbled.
"Umm, Katie asked me to give you this" he handed me a letter. "K, thanks" i said. He nodded and go back inside.
I open the letter and i see a letter and a picture.

Oh, you poor Emily, did u really think that Nick wanted you, you little sweetheart, he loves me, hes mine, not yours, i hope you have fun, little pet.

It said. I lean down to pick up the picture. Its Nick kissing Katie, and he doesnt seem to mind kissing her. Great. "its funny how someone who makes you happy everyday, can make you fall down in seconds". My heart sunk when i saw the picture, my eyes starting to water up. I wanted to go home. But i cant ask Nick. And Lilly is ok in there, guess i'll just have to go walking. I kept walking until i got to Lilly's house. I locked myself in the bathroom.
Why?? Why cant people love me? Why cant i love me?
Withiut noticing, i fell sleep while crying my eyes out.
Next morning
"Hey, Emily, wake up" she said shaking my shoulder. I dont want to talk to anybody. I wanna be alone.
"What?" I asked.
"Why did you come home early, we were worried about you, we couldnt find you" she said. Yeah sure, they were worried about me.
"When you say 'we' , who arr you referring to?" I asked her.
"Nick, especially, Max and me" she said.
"Nick was not worried about me, the only thing he worries about is Katie's lip gloss" i said. She gave a a confused look.
"What do you mean?" She asked. I handed her the letter and the picture. Her eyes widened when she saw the picture.
"Gosh, hes not gonna get away with this, do you hear me? This is about to get clear" she said shile tapping numbers on her phone.
"Hello?" She said."Oh, hey Max, can you tell Nick that we're gonna meet at the park at 6, please, all of us" "Thanks, love ya" she said.
"I dont want to see Nick" i whined.
"I dont care, im not gonna let him hurt you" she said, i smiled at her.
"Can we go to Starbucks?" I asked, i wanna see Joshua, because everytime i had a problem with boys, he was always there to help me.
"Sure, for what? Coffee?"
"Nope, i wanna talk to Joshua"
"Ohh, kk, get changed and we'll go"
"K"
I looked for my printed black and white leggings, a gray long sleeved shirt and my gray vans. Lilly was wearing a pink long sleeved shirt and a black short with sandals. We drove all the way to Starbucks and as soon as we opened the door, Joshua greeted at us.
"Hey girls, what can i get you?" He asked nicely.
"We're not here to get anything" Lilly said sarcastically looking at me.
"Do you think we can talk?" I asked shyly.
"Yeah sure, just let me tell my boss" he said, i nodded, he went to the back dorr and then came back, he jumped the register, again and came up to me.
"Whats wrong, you dont seem too happy" he said, im not happy. I looked at Lilly to leave us alone. She went to her car and put music.
"I like this guy, Nick, and he told me he liked me, and he actually showed me he cares, but yesterday i went to a party and his ex gave me this" i handed him the letter and the photo. His eyes widened.
"Oh, Emily listen, i dont know Nick at all, but an ex will always try to get their exs back if theyre into another person, maybe that picture was from when they were going out" he said.
"Maybe" i said nodding.
"Hey, look at me" he said while pulling my chin up. I looked at him.
"Whats wrong?" He asked, he knew me too well to know when something was wrong.
"My mom" i whispered. "She critisazes me about everything, she says she wishes she never had me, she says im worthless, useless, and i just cant take it" i said. I feel my eyes watering up. "Hey its gonna be ok" he said. Then he pulled me into his arms, we held on tight.
"Im always gonna be here for you, and anytime you need me, im here" he said. Hes like my brother, always taking care of me, always beside me, besides Lilly.
"I gotta get back to work" he said. I pulled away.
"Well, maybe we can hang out on Tuesday" he said. I shook my head yes.
"Its gonna be ok, i promise" he daid while giving me one more hug. I went to the car, he waved his hand at me and smiled. So did i. We spent the day in the bedroom listening to music and eating. Until it was 5:15,
"Hurry and get changed" she said.
"Thats too much work" i whined. She fake laughed. I stayed how i was from the morning. And Lilly too. We put eyeliner and mascara. And then we started driving. We got to the park and saw two boys sitting on the bench, Nick and Max.
"Um, you know, im starting to regret this, so why dont you go and i stay here?" I asked her.
"No way in hell, come on, we gotta get things straight up" she said. Lilly went to hug Max.
"Hey whats wrong? You look sad" he said.
He doesnt want to know