two.

͙⁺˚*・༓☾

͙˚*

"lee heeseung speaking."

"jake sim speaking."

"who?...oh my fucking god—"

"surprise! i saved your number. don't worry, i'm not on the toilet this time. kind of bummed you haven't saved my number though, lee heeseung."

"look, my friend wrote my number on that bowling ball without telling me, okay? so, you can delete it and stop calling."

"why would your friend write it?"

"he just—wait, i don't have to explain myself to you. goodbye, jake."

"woah, woah, wait! don't hang up on me again! you barely gave me a chance yesterday! i'll admit, me taking a shit on our first phone call isn't as flattering in hindsight, but we can start over, right? i swear, i'm a catch."

"and what is this chance i was supposed to give you during your shit-taking?"

"to hit you up properly, obviously. however, i must admit that simply writing H-M-U is quite a vague invitation. i mean, you gotta work with me here. am i hitting you up for sex? a date? both? i'm flexible."

"ew, fucking hell, no. i'm not gonna do anything with a stranger that calls me from the bathroom stall of a bowling alley."

"well, we're not strangers anymore, though, right? we're on first name basis! we called while i was in my most vulnerable state. i'd say our relationship is definitely beyond strangers."

"i don't even know what you look like or who you are. that sounds like the definition of a stranger to me."

"okay, okay, fine. i have black hair and a handsome face. satisfied?"

"not really, no."

"i'm twenty years old and i go to the university a block away from the bowling alley. better? come on, i'm not a pedophile, i swear!"

"you...go to...are you a second year?"

"yep! hold up, do you go there, too?"

"..."

"can i take your silence as a yes?"

"..."

"well, well, well. what are the odds? this is what i call fate, lee heeseung. what year are you?"

"...third."

"ladies and gentlemen, he speaks! look at us getting to know each other. just like we could do on a real date. wink."

"bye, jake."

"so hard to get. it's okay, though. i don't easily back down from a challenge. call you again, soon, lee heeseung!"

"please don't ca—"

CALL ENDED.

͙˚*

"jake, what are you doing?" yang jungwon asks, causing the older's eyes to lift from his phone screen. jungwon's hair sticks up in several places, jake concluding he probably just approached from his bedroom after having awakened from his daily afternoon nap.

jake is sprawled out on one end of the living room sofa, the television remote in the hand not holding his phone. he had been watching one of his favorite korean dramas—vincenzo—before suddenly remembering the number he had called around that time the previous day.

despite having been on a phone call, the television remote stayed gripped in his hand, long forgotten. jungwon awaits jake's answer with a skeptical look on his face, and now jake is putting together the reason why as he sits with both a remote, phone, and a paused television screen.

"only something of extreme importance could've caused vincenzo to be paused," jungwon adds on, since jake has yet to give an answer.

the words "extreme importance" trigger the memory of the sound of heeseung's voice airily in jake's mind. even just a disembodied voice causes him to start smiling like a lovesick idiot. "i was just on a phone call," he finally responds, his eyes having flitted back down to the phone curled loosely in his fingers.

jungwon crosses his arms, studying jake's interesting body language. "oh? with who?" he presses.

his smile shifts into that of a smirk and he only highlights it by propping his crossed legs atop the coffee table. "ah, just my future boyfriend, no big deal," he states nonchalantly, sighing dramatically as he leans back into the cushions.

jungwon's previous look of concern turns to bewilderment. he raises a brow. "wait, what?! someone wants to date your stupid ass?"

suddenly, one of the couch's pillows is thrown directly at jungwon's head. "ow! i'm sorry, i'm sorry!" he blurts, hurrying to the opposite end of the sofa and flopping down onto it, using both his arms to shield his face while doing so.

"it's fine, it's not like you would understand. i mean, you could have a future boyfriend, too, if you grew a pair and asked jay out."

at this, jungwon snatches the pillow next to him and repeats jake's action, making sure to aim right for jake's face. "suddenly i don't care about your love life anymore and i'm finding a new step-brother."

a pouty yang jungwon stands from the couch with a huff, beelining for the kitchen area to grab a snack. jake chuckles after him, calling out, "i know you're bluffing because you love me!"

the younger flips him off, jake only shaking his head with a fond smile. he then peers back down at the cell phone in his hand. he uses his left thumb to tap in the password and the screen lights on. jake's smile spreads to his eyes as he reads the contact profile displayed before him.

 jake's smile spreads to his eyes as he reads the contact profile displayed before him