Sleepervention

This has no plot, it's pure fluff.

Also, the writing is actually terrible so I'm sorry it's so choppy, I started school this week and the time went DOWN the drain.

     Blueberry pancakes. How can a food item cause so much stress yet so much joy? There's really no describing how much blueberry pancakes mean to Ruby, but the lingering feeling of what should've been 8 years ago is still there. Every birthday, every holiday, every special moment in her childhood, there were blueberry pancakes, so naturally when she woke up smelling the magical smell of her childhood, she couldn't help but wake up. No one else had moved from their sleep as it was 7 am except the parents. Ruby walked into the kitchen, not minding the eyes darting over to her in the question of how early she was up and headed straight to the plate of pancakes.

"Jesus Christ," she smiled, "Dad did you make these?" he nodded, "do we have more?"

"You know it Roo," he nodded, getting up from his seat and walking over to the fridge pulling out a bag of the pancakes, "A full bag, just for you. I always make extra." Ruby looked over to the other parents and Cate and smiled shyly before she spoke.

"Thank God, I'm gonna need these for all 3 meals," she said as she continued eating the pancakes.

"So, you go to bed at 2 am and wake up at 7?" Grace asked while Ruby's eyes quickly found their way to the ground, avoiding all contact with her parents.

"2 am, Ruby?" her mom asked, "Why so late?"

"Wasn't tired," she said, which was quickly followed by a yawn and her muttering 'shit' under her breath.

"I call BS," her dad said, "Your meds make you tired."

"I'm immune to the side effects?" Ruby tried to reason.

"You were falling asleep when we were working last night," Cate spoke.

"I was bored."

"Excuses excuses," Cate hummed.

"Y'know sleep helps productivity, Ruby?" Dr. Meriwether began, "Maybe getting actual sleep might help you actually finish whatever work the government has so kindly given a 17-year-old girl."

"I get actual sleep!" she defended, "I slept last night!"

"Ruby, the doctor gave you those meds to help you go to sleep, if you're gonna fight it you may as well just not take it," her mom said while Ruby's head dropped to the counter.

"I sleep," she tried one last time.

"You know damn well you don't, Roo. Don't argue," said a Chubs, emerging from the pile of blankets in the living room.

"You're supposed to be on my side."

"Not when you don't sleep." Ruby groaned knowing that she was about to have an entire talking-to with all her friends and family, just because of a little problem with sleep. It was the last way she wanted to spend her potential last day with her best friends all in the same place, but instead, a sleepervention was taking place.

"Why don't you sleep?" her mom asked.

"Oh my God," she groaned, "can't we talk about this later? I want to hang out with my friends."

"Hard to hang out with your friends when they're all passed out on the floor, unlike someone," said Chubs and Ruby gave him a pointed glare.

"I swear to God," she complained, "Mom, I'm fine. Let it go."