Chapter 016

Aurora suddenly stands up as she hears something outside. Harlan is quick to follow her lead placing his Hands on her hips asking "hey what's wrong?" But only got a hand in his face telling him to be quiet.

"Sorry but I have another question" Everett asks looking directly at Harlan. Harlan looking back at the younger boy but still keeping his hands gently on Auroras hips rubbing calming circles to his anxious mate.

"The voice on the phone said it had to kill us before the next full moon, does that mean we're ok now? Is it supposed to kill us before the full moon or during the full moon or when the sun rises?" Everett anxiously rants pacing the room.

"How are we suppose to know?" Harlan says while looking back at his mate with a worried look in his eyes as she starts to look more anxious then before.

"Because your-" Everett started before Harlan interrupted. "Twins?"

Harlan can hear Luna start exposing what happens to them during the full moon but all he can focus on is the state of his mate.

"Hey" Harlan whispers in her ear. She jumps slightly looking back up to him before whispering back "Somethings wrong, somethings really wrong. I can feel it, smell it somethings about to happen"

Harlan looks towards her with a confused but worried look as her words sink in. Just as he's about to respond Everett and Blake can be heard finishing the conversation. "So we're not safe yet?" Blake said while walking away from Luna. Silence can be heard before she finishes her sentence. "We still have the rest of the night" she finished as Everett added onto the end. "To die".

"Lovely" Aurora whispers before adding, "so what are we waiting for let's start locking this place up!"

Everyone then starts to quickly lock every winder, door and anything that can open both upstairs and down.

As both Aurora and Harlan go to lock the front door Harlan stops and listens outside before looking back towards the group and saying "it's ok nothings out there"

"You sure?" Blake exclaims looking worriedly at Harlan as Everett adds walking towards the group "hey how much can you actually hear?"

Harlan takes a second looking down at Aurora who is snug I get his arm over her shoulder playing with his fingers "It depends it's better on a full moon" he explained looking back at Everett

Everett needing more continues "What else can you do?" Looking at Harlan expecting more

Harlan annoying but confusingly looks back up at Everett asking "What do you mean?"

"Like your hearing, is there anything else you can do?" Everett continues
"She can run fast, like really fast" Everett says pointing at Blake.

Harlan just looks at Everett with an eyebrow raised before saying "Good for her" Aurora can be heard giggling looking between both males.

Harlan starts to walk towards the couch before Blake adds "he's strong" pointing at Everett. As Harlan's interest peaks looking at Everett "how strong" Harlan asks

"I kinda put my fist through a support beam" Everett says nervously shifting from left foot to right. Before continuing "it was big"

Luna can be seen walking towards the wonder moving the curtain to see if anyone was outside as Blake asks "hey what about you?" Pointing in Lunas direction

Luna looks back shrugging her shoulders while saying "smell"

"That's kinda gross" Blake responds while Harlan nods his head smirking.

"Yeah it can be" Luna responds looking back towards the group once more.

"What about you Aurora?" Everett asks while everyone looks towards the blonde.