𝓑eauty. ↝ todobaku

- angst

- angst.
poor body image.

Katsuki was always negative when it came to his body.

truly, how could he not be? he didn't exactly have what could be considered a 'masculine' body. no, far from that. in fact, his frame was particularly feminine.

his shoulders were broad yet never held as much muscle as katsuki wished. with a long torso, his waist was thin. he was toned yet his abs did not show as he wished.

yes, katsuki has tried. he's tried so hard to change his body. he's worked hard in the gym for hours until the brink of passing out, he's changed his diet until it was nothing that he genuinely enjoyed eating.

yet, it didn't work as he wished. naturally, this stressed katsuki. he held as though he could never compare to the other males in the locker rooms. the difference between their bodies and his own was painfully obvious. he was smaller.

they all had taut, defined abs. much stronger arms that bulged with every movement. they looked so much better.

truly, katsuki's body wasn't ideal.

or rather, that's what he thought as he stood bare in front of the full-length mirror inside his dorm. katsuki was fresh out of the shower. once he'd dried his skin and hair, he exited his bathroom with the full intent to get dressed.

though, once he'd caught a glimpse of his body in the mirror, he'd come to a halt.

he didn't like what he saw.

though katsuki recalls that every time he'd expressed his disdain for his body, he was silenced. many claimed to adore his body, nearly wishing that it was their own.

many liked katsuki's body.

yet he did not.

katsuki wasn't one to cry, no. he hardly cried. he was known to hold it in until he reached his breaking point.

and so, he only stared at his naked reflection, sliding a hand down his stomach. after staring for what felt like hours, katsuki turned to allow his side to now face the mirror. he stared at his thighs, they were slim yet held a bit of muscle.

not enough, though.

katsuki's scowl soon softened into a saddened frown. he found that his eyes beginning to sting, his vision blurring.

before he knew it, a tear fell.

perhaps this was his breaking point.

katsuki gasped, swiping the tear away.

though, he was too slow. as many more tears began to well up in his eyes before spilling down the fair skin of his cheeks. he couldn't stop them as he stood alone in his bedroom, weeping softly.