XV: Nevada or Jayce?

XV

       Finally, I'm done! I dropped the brush into the empty can of paint and fell to the floor. I smeared the sweat off my face when I forgot my hand was covered in paint. Now, I left a little white mark on my forehead. I then took a clear look at my clothing, which was covered in white paint as well. I went to the washroom to clean up. I got startled by the vision in the mirror. My hair all a mess, paint everywhere, also the fact that I was wearing just a tank top and sweats didn't help either. I sighed, as I moved my way to the soap. It took a long scrub to get the paint off. When I realized I was such a mess, I decided to take a shower. In the palace! I knew Hina wouldn't allow me to take a hot shower but after two weeks of a cold shower, maybe a hot shower is just all I need, to go through the next two weeks till the wedding.

       I looked around my surroundings. My fellow co-workers hammering away, Hina probably still at the photo shoot but by the dark sky, it seems like she's going to have dinner. I went inside the palace, and Hina was nowhere in sight. Where could she be? I looked around from where I was standing. Maybe she went out? I was worrying for no reason. Even if I do get caught, she can't fire me because we made a deal.

       I made my way up the round staircase, to the third floor of the palace. The palace was made up of several floors. We had the basement, which really didn't look like a basement but a party room that can fit up to 1000 people. In the basement there is also a separate space dividing the servant's rooms from the party room. The second floor was the kitchen, guest room, and living room. This is where my mom used to spend all her day. She would cook any chance she can get, and then once she gets exhausted she would lie on the sofa and either read a book or watch something entertaining on TV. Then there is the third floor. There was everyone's room, and a study room. My dad would be in the study room, all the time, doing his work. I loved staying in my room but I would rather be in company with my parents than by myself. I didn't have much friends growing up. Last not but least, there was a nice beautiful deck on the fourth floor. At the end of the hallway on the third floor, there is a door, with staircases leading to the top. Instead of going out, my parents and I would bond there. One time when all the girls in my class got invited to a camping trip and not me, my parents made me my own little camp there. We spent the night roasting marsh mellows, singing camp fire songs, and even sleeping in a tent. My parents made sure I didn't miss one thing in my childhood. When everyone was acting like a regular teenage girl, my parents made sure I was normal too. So, when I didn't get invited to Easter, Halloween parties my parents would throw their own. I actually enjoyed it but sometimes I wish I had a friend to call my own.

       I made my way to the shower. I quickly grabbed a towel and hung it on the rack. I stepped in the shower, and I felt complete. The warm water splashing on my face was definitely what I needed to relax. I stood still, as I was driven away from the fresh hot steam. Every time I took a hot shower, it was always like this. I would forget about everyone else, all the drama and just close my eyes as the water takes me in. The only bad thing about these showers is I always stay in for two long. I opened my eyes, after what looks like forever, since there was steam everywhere. I turned off the tap and grabbed the towel beside me. As I wrapped the towel around me, I wiped off the steam on the mirror to get a blurry glance of me. The steam around me was still too heavy, that I let out a few coughs.

       I took my clothes off the rack, were my towel used to be and dressed myself. I felt so clean, except my clothes which still had white stains. I came out of the bathroom, double checking no one was around. I made my way down the round staircase when I bumped into Hina. Gosh, I swear this girl has a tracking device on me.

       "Where did you come from? I was looking for you, everywhere! Not doing work wasn't part of the deal. You can't just roam around where ever you want." I could swaer there was smoke coming out of here ears.