Chapter 6: Murder?

The song for this chapter is... up there or to the side

I was dressed in a white long sleeved shirt and black joggers with green marijuana leaves on it. I grab my black hoodie and throw it on with my white converse. I dressed to good for this its not like I'm really going out.

The excitement was just buzzing through me. I've never really seen a rap battle happen before in real life. I just feel like something cool is going to happen. I grab my phone and leave to go to The Shelter.

When I arrived there I notice a group of guys who were outside smoking weed and shit. "Hey shawty damn you fine! You don't wanna come take a seat on my lap aye?" One of the guys yell to me. I look at him as if he's stupid or the weed was already in strong affect on him.

"Listen motherfucker I ain't ya shawty so don't call me that. And boy I don't even know you, talking bout sit on your lap. Shit, you might have ebola." I say and I feel someone tap my shoulder.

I turn around and find Marshall staring at me with a smile.

"Did you really just say that? Damn!" He laughs out loud, clutching his shirt.

"Yo Slim! You know this fine thang!" The random stranger walks up to us and stares at me for the longest, and that's when I realized that he had a huge ass stomach.

"Yeah man, this Tassy. Tassy meet Bizzy. And yo don't be an ass." He introduces us.

"Yo this your girl?" He asks with shock on his face.

"Yeah." Marshall nods and Bizzy's face shows even more shock.

"Aye! Em got him self a black chick!" He yells to the other men that were smoking with him. They all came over and was now surrounding me. I back away a little feeling a little uncomfortable.

"Guys fuckin' relax man, y'all scaring the girl." Marshall says. I straighten my posture to show them that I'm not scared.

"Whatever man. Where you find her from dawg?" He asks Marshall but still staring at me. " I'm Proof by the way."

"Hi Proof." I say because at least wasn't making moves on me. He nods in response.

"She sells coffee at Starbucks man." Marshall answers. The way he said it was hilarious. "And uh this is Kon Artist, Kuniva and Swift." He points at the rest of them.

"So they're you're rapper names?" I ask. Obviously.

"Yeah." They all answer.

"Yo Em you up next y'know." Proof tells Marshall.

"A'ight come on." He grabs my arm and drags me with him. We walk through a door at the back of the club and down a set of stairs. From the amount of noise in the building I couldn't even hear anything Marshall and his friends were saying.

"I gotta go finish the battle. Yo man you gonna kill it!" He slaps Marshall on his back and goes to where most of the noise is coming from.

The rest of the guys slide into an empty room and Kon Artist shuts the door.

"This is where we usually wait for Em to battle." He says.

"Yeah." Marshall confirms. The place is a little worn down but still able to stand. It was painted white and only had a few chairs here and there but it was jammed up with boxes and a desk at the side.

Marshall smiles at me and grabs me by my waist and pulls me up on the desk. He pulls a chair at the front of me and I couldn't stop grinning like a little girl.

"Yo Tassy, I'm feeling kinda gassy. Just thinking 'bout how this shit might go down. Yeah, I done it before but shit, not in front of my chick. Who's looking kinda slick, but she can't defuse my wick, or refuse my dick. Pray to God I do good tonight, or else I'mma be shame thinking I could win.

Sometimes it's hard going against people who don't think you good enough, just cause you white. So i don't want to make them look like they fuckin' right! Imma tesr this rap game apart without using a fucking knife." Marshall raps and I couldn't believe how good it was. I get up and hug him nearly sucking the life out of him.

Until we all heard a chuckle. Everyone turns around and another group of men was standing at the door. They were laughing at Marshall I think. "What's the problem?" I ask sassily.

"Yo that's the best you got? Pathetic." The tall one who was smoking a blunt said. "I bet home girl could do better than that." He points at me and gives me a sly smile.

To say I was pissed was beyond an understatement. I look at Marshall and he just stays quiet. There was a tension in the room that was just soffucating me. I can tell these group of men don't like each other.

The man let's out another laugh and walks away with his friends behind him.

"What the fuck was that?" I ask laughing a little because of how awkward that was. They all just shake their heads.

"Em don't listen to those fuckin punks." Bizzy says. I don't know who the hell those guys were but they got a huge problem. Marshall's freestyle was extremely good.

"Yeah that was amazing." I try to cheer him up. He just brushes it off.

"What ever. " He gets up and and walks down the hall Proof went through. I follow him and he gets up on the stage. I just push my way through the crowd and a few curse words were thrown my way and even a slap on my ass.

I stood the closest to the stage so that Marshall could see me. I threw a smileat him and stuck up my middle finger. That should motivate him.

He was handed a mic from Proof and another man was up on the stage. He had long thick locks and way taller than Marshall. I was beginning to get scared for Marshall but then I remembered that this isn't a fight. Thank God that it isn't 'cause Marshall would be dead.

"Heads or tails?" Proof asks Marshall.

"Heads." He calls.

Proof flips the coin and it lands on tails.

"You up." He points at the next man.

"Yo I'm about to murder this man!" He says and the crowd screams.

They battle and it was time for the crowd to say who won.