11. fourth of july

fourth of july!

even though it's 12 in the afternoon and the heat is a live weapon, you're decorating the house faithfully. blake smiles- when is he not smiling when it comes to you? "y'know, i think this party is gonna be so serve, mi." you throw a party hat at his head.

he flinches but silently smiles, and you don't let on that him wearing the shell bracelet that you made makes you feel some kind of way. he looks pretty today, and after you complimented his moustache, he's kept it the same way.

today he sports a usa flag button up shirt. what a dickhead. you rolled your eyes when you saw it. "oh, god. really, blake?" you had said. he grinned.

"never say that again, dude." he pokes his tongue out at you as he heads to make pancakes. "d'you want me to surprise you with the shape?" he asks with that stupid chef hat and hair in all different directions. "ooh, sure! but i want strawberries too otherwise i will sling a spatula at your head!" you smile at him.

after a few hours, after you bribed everybody to clean and invite everybody they knew to the party, the house looks very pretty. "mimu, this is actually a really cool party." larry smiles, fixing your party hat to be even more slanted than it already was. "thank you, i tried.. somewhat." he attempts to wipe the glitter residue over his shirt.

"oh and- you and isaac?! did anything happen today?" he nudges your elbow and smirks. you roll your eyes, "he was annoying. as always. nothing that interesting, soz." larry rubs your arm, a silent way of telling you that he wasn't surprised. "he- said something about- fucking someone- when we went to the store. though." you violently cough out.

"bitch!? and you kept it from me all of this time?!" larry slaps your arm as he tries to be discreet not long after. everybody looks in the direction of you, "well done, mr. obvious!" "i'm sorry! but wow- that's kind of tacky.. i can't lie." you nod in agreement, fiddling with your 3rd bottle of cherry-cola.

"what did you do?" he inquires, raising one eyebrow particularly high. "well- i obviously acted like i never heard it. it was cringey!" you shrug in defence and awkwardly laugh. "oh man. that's so interesting." the strobe lights tanner had previously mounted on the wall now successfully highlight the pretty colours you'd added to the walls by means of posters.

larry starts talking about something to do with friendship bracelets and when you all could make them, but you find a way to look at your best friend, and his hat which is very much like yours. wonky. you crack a smile, very boldly as you wander over to your best friend.

he's occupied with the mounting of the TV- he and isaac attempt to fix it. how was it broken, you ask? tanner bashed into it, and it's been on the floor again for months. "ISAAC TILT IT TO THE LEFT!" "i literally am, blake! stop shouting!" "if i don't hear the bracket click into place, i am going to give you the most painstaking wedgie ever known to mankind."

the whole situation is amusing- larry would call it a battle of the ego's. but it's never that serious. you sip on your cherry-cola as you spectate. silently cheering your best friend on. larry is probably right, though. hypothetically.

blake has hair in his face, and gravity is more tempted to pull the party hat off of his head. "ahem. can i help?" you ask, eyes glowing as you look between the two of them. "mimu, could you hold this alan key for me?" isaac says through gritted teeth. you nod, edging closer to blake.

the alan key was never held. by you, at least.

his good luck charm, because the bracket clicks. "mimu! i love you. thank you." he grins down at you, and your hands dance up his chest to the elastic of the party hat. your heart swirls around and you might go crazy. isaacs eyes turn a little more green – not that anybody but larry noticed. blake does the same to you, except he feels the way your waist feels around his grasp. "you're so welcome, blake."