CHAPTER 123 - THE ARROGANT RICH VILLAINESS FROM SOAP OPERAS

As days go by, the pressure becomes much heavier. Balancing school, investigations, and Battle Fiesta preparations exhausted us more than ever. Rayne had it worse, as she is the President of a bouncing-back company. She sacrificed school for her duties for her family corporation, so I ended up making notes on all our subjects for her to study and catch up.

We were so busy that Friday went like a breeze, and when we were already spooning late at night and about to do some dirty stuff, we realized that we haven't rehearsed our Kaiser-Gladiatrix teamwork at all. It's been more than a week since we last fought, and we both feel a little bit rusty. So Rayne immediately set out training Saturday afternoon.

After work, Rayne and I flew towards the meeting place; the same old hill near the Treenity Village. This is where Master Siferas trained us for most of the summer days, and Rayne thinks that she can remember her combat instincts if she's in this place.

After ten minutes, the two groups of Kaiser-Gladiator/Gladiatrix who will be our sparring partners arrived. Surprisingly enough, it was all familiar faces to us both: The team of Ryan-Himeno, and Esthesia-Firius.

When the two teams arrived, none of them seemed to bat an eye at each other. They just talked to Rayne and made their appearance acknowledged.

"We have arrived, Madam President." Esthesia coldly greeted.

"Yo, Raynevere and Elzane!" Firius cheerfully waved his hand at us.

"Good morning," Ryan said.

"You better not waste my time going in here, Madam President." Himeno held her hips arrogantly.

These two teams are pretending to not interact with nor sense each other like they are treating the others like thin air. There is an invisible animosity between these four as if they still have a grudge against each other. I haven't seen them interacting even though they are both part of the corporation.

Oh, right. I just remembered. Himeno and Ryan defeated Firius and Esthesia during the Battle Fiesta qualifiers. It's safe to say that Himeno crushed the two's dream of entering the Battle Fiesta playoffs.

This is bad...

I scooted over to my Gladiatrix and whispered. "Is it okay to invite them both? They seem to be on each other's necks!"

"It will be fine, Zane," Rayne said with an optimistic smile. "The more sparring partners we have, the better our preparations!"

"If you say so..." I muttered and conceded.

Rayne started to clap her hands to get everyone's attention, even though all eyes are already on her. I'm pretty sure these four are looking warily at their "adversaries" with their peripheral visions, so it's a good thing for Rayne to take the stage. She stood up on the top of the hill and crossed her arms.

"As you all know, the Battle Fiesta Finals is coming. As my previous opponents, I want you four to work together and take me down." Rayne said with a smile.

"Wait, wait!" I exclaimed out loud.

"Eh? What's the problem, Zane?" Rayne tilted her head, confused by my sudden interruption.

"I-Isn't it a bit hardcore? We will be fighting two Kaisers and two Gladiators?" I asked.

"It will be fiiiine, Zane. These four are the opponents we already beat in the past, remember? If we just go with the standard one versus one, it will be too boring since I'm sure I can beat them in a fair fight anyway." Rayne puffed her chest and smiled arrogantly. "So I want to fight both Gladiator and Gladiatrix and turn it into a one versus two. Consider this a handicap for those poor souls who can't beat our love~"

Help! Something is weird about my fiance today! Am I too rough last night that I fucked her brains out? What is she saying!?

"Ah, so that's how you see us now, huh Prez?" Esthesia's eyes glinted.

"You may have beaten us once, but I became stronger too!" Firius gritted in the form of a smile.

"You're getting arrogant, huh, Raynevere Treenity?" Himeno bared her fangs and paws.

"You must have forgotten that I am a Numbered Kaiser, Miss President." Ryan's eyes glowed.

Sweat ran down from the side of my face to my cheek. I'm quite scared right now, but when I looked at our all-high and mighty president, she is still maintaining this narcissistic smile. And she's glaring the four down as if our sparring partners are some kind of insects.

"Hey look, you angered them!" I cried.

"Good. In that way, they will work together and focus on us two. Ahahahahaha!" Rayne laughed like a rich villainess from soap operas.

Rayne is a cunning woman. She can use the emotions of those around her to do whatever she pleases. If the people are cold, she can throw gasoline and light ablaze on their emotions, and redirect their anger towards her. It's quite scary.

I slowly took some steps backward, behind my tricky Gladiatrix. Meanwhile, the two Kaisers also gave way to their Gladiator and Gladiatrix who are eager for battle. They even activated their Kaiser Watches, so I opted to do the same.

[Gladiatrix System Activated]

The Cyber Knight and Cyber Cat unleashed their blades and fixed their battle positions, their eyes fixated on one foe they have never beaten- President Raynevere Treenity.

Rayne materialized her white bow and then glared at the four sparring partners. And for some reason, my lover got her fake arrogance over her head and uttered some trash-talk I never thought I could hear from her mouth.

"Let's get started, you losers!"