Chapter-12: Sugar bites, bitter blood, a man blind in bluffs.

What the hell...

"Xingcheng, you sure he got reincarnated as well?"

"Very sure."

"Uh...what is going on?" Is the first thing I say before thinking about escaping again.

Sixteen years, I know nothing of this world. These two men, appear out of nowhere and suddenly, I feel like I am being seen.

The last I met these two were when I heard about the massacre of the Chang clan of Yueyang. My, was it an incident. At times when I do think back, Xue Yang is just a bit, a tiny bit, like me...

But now that I voice that thought over here. I regret it.

Xue Yang and I, are nothing, never going, to be alike.

"News spreads fast. the esteemed Hanguang-jun is keeping some...rescued guest by his side."

I squint. Yes. Yes he is keeping a rescued guest by his side but, that barely makes sense as to how he realised I reincarnated! Even if HE did reincarnate, an assumption from his and Xue Yang's conversation, he and I have never met more than once, twice? Or so. How did he get to know about me?

"The Yiling Patriarch was said to have...quite the relation with Hanguang-jun, and hearing about him keeping this guest by his side, I was starting to draw some suspicious...so I watched alongside with this delinquent to provide proof to my suspicion." He turned his head to look at Xue Yang then looked at me.

"So...you two have been...spying on me, NO WAIT!!! Stalking me??..."

Xue Yang's eye flinched in annoyance and Xingcheng kept a smile plastered on his face, one of ingenuity.

I just stood. There was this awkward silence. I decided to take the initiative and break it.

"So...you...reincarnated as well?"

"Yes! I did, and apparently...I am as well, very surprised by this world." So he was making assumptions about me now. Pretty good ones because they were accurate.

"And, this delinquent demon over here?"

Xue Yang stared at me with widened eyes, a sickening smile on his face, he was hecking annoyed. I squinted.

"Yes?" Xingcheng asked.

"Is he reincarnated too?" Xue Yang scoffed. Xingcheng ignored him.

"No, apparently he isn't, he's a part of this world, a major role he plays."

"And...what would that be?"

"...He is the Yiling Patriarch...but he goes by the more commonly used name, 'The Delinquent Demon.'"

Wow, I shouldn't have been surprised.

"I hate the patriarchy." FINALLY, A WORD FROM XUE YANG.

"Wait, so, he plays the role I played in my world."

"Yes."

"And, he's a part of this world?"

"Yes..." Xingcheng seemed tired now.

"That would mean, Wei Wuxian, as in I, never existed in this world, right?"

"Yes."

"Okay, but what about you? Did you also not exist in this world?"

"No, I existed, and-"

"Xingcheng." Oo, Xue Yang cut him off- "another time."

"Okay, another time then." He sighed, Xue Yang crossed his arms tighter.

"Well then, this was quite the chat."

"Yes it was."

"But, it seems we should take leave now."

"I guess so."

"We'll meet again."

"Hmm, yeah, we better, 16 years..someone needs to explain."

"Don't worry, we will...but, another time." He lightly smiled.

"Another time." I did not return the smile but I folded my hands as a last to take leave, he did the same as well. Xue Yang on the other hand, didn't, and curtly turned around and started walking away already. Xingcheng turned and sped up to follow him. While in his tracks, he turned around to look at me.

And smiled.

I became a little flustered at this.

"Another time..." I repeated his words for some reassurance.

"Another time..."