✿𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎✿

"She wakes at the right timeSets the right vibesShe's funny but never too muchMysterious but always in touch"

Sets the right vibes
She's funny but never too much
Mysterious but always in touch"

"Who?" I inquired, my brow furrowing as the woman before me nervously toyed with her fingers.

"I'm Anri Teieri, a recent addition to the Japan Football Union," she replied, her voice steady despite her evident unease.

I regarded her with a thoughtful hum, taking in her petite frame, neck-length brown hair adorned with braids, and chocolate-brown eyes. Her attire, reminiscent of a secretary's, hinted at professionalism.

"Ah, yes, Ego mentioned you in passing during his address. Are you here to give me a tour of Blue Lock?" I queried, already anticipating her affirmative response.

Anri nodded, her smile polite yet tinged with apprehension, and motioned for me to follow her. With a nod of compliance, I fell into step behind her, curiosity piqued.

Upon entering the building, my initial impression was one of stark contrast. The dim, dungeon-like ambiance belied the cutting-edge technology within—a fitting reflection of Ego's eccentricity.

Devoid of windows, the space exuded an air of secrecy, yet the holographic displays and state-of-the-art medical equipment in my office hinted at the project's sophistication.

Uncertainty gnawed at me. Was this environment conducive to success? Nevertheless, I had made my choice, and retreat was not an option unless sheer boredom compelled it.

Anri gestured towards a separate room and bathroom, assuring me of privacy, before handing me a small key. With a gracious bow, she departed, leaving me standing before the infirmary.

Slipping the key into my pocket, I entered my office—a pristine sanctuary awaiting personalization. My gaze swept over the orderly space, envisioning future embellishments.

Seating myself behind the desk, I reached for the dossier Anri had mentioned. Papers cascaded forth, each bearing vital information on the 300 boys: names, headshots, identification numbers, and medical histories.

A sigh escaped me as I surveyed the mountain of work ahead. Memorization and analysis of three hundred documents by morning seemed a Herculean task.

"And so it begins," I muttered, a mixture of determination and resignation coloring my tone.

With a weary stretch, I delved into the daunting stack before me, silently vowing that Ego's gamble on my involvement would not be in vain. Yet, the looming threat of boredom lingered, a reminder of the precarious balance upon which this project rested.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎