Chapter 25: Vows and An Uninvited Guest

As the guest were enjoying themselves in the big, luxurious, grand hall. Music started playing and all of them quietened down and returned to their designated seats.

On the main table, there seated Danielle's parents, Haerin's parents, Hanni, Hyein and Minji.

"So," Haerin's mother said. "Nice to meet you, I guess we're in laws now."

Danielle's mother smiled warmly, "Yes, I guess we are. What do you and your husband do?"

"We're diplomats, so we travel around the country a lot. We're rarely home for our daughters." She looked at Hanni and Hyein. "So please, tell Danielle to take care of Haerin."

"Don't worry," Danielle's father assured her, nodding his head, "I know Danielle loves Haerin a lot, from what she showed me."

"You must be Danielle's father," Haerin's father spoke, in a low and stern voice, "Haerin has told me... a lot about you."

Danielle's father blushed embarrassedly as he fixed his tied, "Yes... But I have changed now, I can assure you that I will not pull off that nonsense no more. The girls' happiness is my utmost priority."

"I hope so," He said, before Minji tapped his shoulder.

She whispered, "It's time to walk her down."

Haerin's father nodded and left the table. And so did Danielle's father.

Afterwards, Hanni grabbed the microphone and went on stage.

"Uh... hello," She said nervously, waving her hand. "I'm supposed to give a speech for Danielle and Haerin. So, from what I know, Danielle loves my sister a lot. And so does my sister."

Hanni shot a worried glance at Hyein and Minji, who were cheering her on.

Minji even mouthed, "I'll kiss you if you do it good." as she smirked.

That gave Hanni newfound confidence as she blurted, "I know their relationship isn't customary. Can you imagine an idol, falling in love with their fan?" She then looked at Minji. "Well, they have defy all odds and proved that that kind of love is possible."

Minji chuckled as she buried her face in her palms, knowing that Hanni was referencing them as well.

"And they've been through hardships over hardships. Everyone knows being a teenager isn't easy, and everyone knows the path to be an idol isn't an easy one as well. But they both perfectly merge their life into each other, if that's not love I don't know what to call it." Hanni announced loudly though the microphone. Everyone clapped after hearing that.

"Sure, my sister might be clumsy, and silly, and very introverted, but when she comes to her love life. When she's into it, she's dedicated. So Danielle, please take care of my sister." Hanni wiped away a tear that was streaming down her face. 

Just then, Danielle's father made chirping noises to gain Hanni's attention, what was he up to? Did he wanted to crash the wedding? Was this part of his plan?

Hanni confusedly and skeptically crept over, "What?" She asked.

Danielle's dad whispered in Hanni's ears as she smiled, "Sure!"

He grabbed the microphone, "Hello everyone, I know I should  be with my daughter right now, getting ready to walk her down the aisle for her wedding. But I can't help but to share this. I need to tell you that I have been extremely selfish, trying to salvage my career, without realising or caring of my only daughter's happiness," He clenched his fist remembering his past actions, "And I vow never to do it again. But, during all of this, Danielle and Haerin stayed together and fought strong, their resilience is truly one of a kind. And I give my blessing to the two of them, to live together in harmony."