Chapter-9

Here is your new update lovelies 😉
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Swikriti’s POV 

I reached home and Brownie went straight to Moksh who was busy arranging his gaming stuff. Moksh first pretended to be upset with him, then started playing with him.

I looked out for Mother India and her loving husband. There he is moving to and fro in the hall.

My father was speaking with someone on the phone. I went to him and made a gesture to cut the call. He asked me *what* while raising his eyebrows.

After finishing his phone call, he asked me "Ab kya hua?” 

I made a face like *Seriously! Do you take me as a troublemaker* but he laughed and blinked his eyes as a sign for me to continue? 

I laughed and said, "Papa, I want to talk to you about something but let mummy come first”.

Papa called mummy, and she came with something in her hand. I guess she was setting up puja ghar (worship place). 

I fidget with my ring and think of a way to start a conversation. After a minute or two, I started, " Papa-mummy, actually when I went to take Brownie for a walk he mistakenly entered the house opposite ours.”

Their eyes went wide with shock because they were aware of his mischievous behavior. 

Mummy asked me worried, “Did he poop in their house? Hey Bhagwan!! Iss shaitan ko lekar kyun gayi tum bahar?"(Did he poop in their house? Oh God!! Why did you take him outside?) 

I interrupted her, " Mother India, my son did no such things. He's a gentleman.” 

My father stifles his laugh at my words. But one glare from my mother and he went silent.

*Dude! This lady holds the power to make her husband go silent with her deadly glare.*

I sighed and told her, “Mummy, stop criticizing my son for no reason. Actually, when I went to pick him up I introduced myself, and they invited us for dinner tonight at their place.”

Both of them looked at me and shared a confused look with each other. 

I held their hands in mine and assured them with a smile, "I know what you guys are thinking. I also felt weird when they invited us for dinner and tried to deny them politely, but they insisted so much that I couldn't say no to them.”

There's complete silence for a whole 5 minutes afterward, Mummy smiled and I felt  little relaxed.

She said, “Agar unhone itne pyar se bulaya hai to hume jana chahiye. Par pehle tum jakar kuch sweets or gift le aao, pehli baar jayenge toh khaali hath nahi jana chahiye." (If they've invited us, then we should definitely go. But before that, go and get some sweets and gifts, It won't look good to go empty-handed for the first time.) 

Papa nodded and went to grab some pleasantries. 

Mummy called Moksh but that idiot was busy arranging his PlayStation. 

I asked mummy to go and get ready for the dinner while I go and make him ready as well.

As I went to check upon them in Moksh's bedroom. They were both fighting again.

These two create a ruckus whenever they're alone. Oh, God!!! Give me strength to handle them.

I asked him to get ready and, to my surprise, he didn't question me and went to get ready.

Brownie was looking a little tired, so I made him sleep for some time. His face looks so serene while sleeping.

I heard my father's voice downstairs, which means he also came after buying sweets for his dear friend. (He's still unaware of the surprise he's going to get today.)

Now it's 8 o'clock at night. We all got ready for our first dinner at our neighbors house.

We were standing in front of their house. I rang the doorbell, soon the door opened by Kashvi who welcomed us inside with awarm smile on her face. 

All family members were present there except Mahesh uncle. Vandana aunty and Nani welcomed us and Mummy give them gifts and pleasantries we've bought for them.

Moksh went ahead and foot wished the elders. Nani and aunty gave him blessings.

Kartavya bhaiya and Bhavya bhabi also came and foot wished my parents. 

"Where is he? Why didn't he come yet?" I mumble under my breath.

"Are you looking for me, Miss Aniti?" Someone whispered in my ears from behind.

I turned to see the person and there he is "The Anarth".

Before I could scold him for calling me Aniti, Mahesh uncle came and put both his hands on my father's eyes.

"Guess, who?" Uncle asked my father. I can see how my father's body went stiff after hearing uncle's voice.

He reached his hands to touch uncle's hand and removed while turning towards him and embrace him in a bone crushing hug. 

-----------------------------------------------

Hey lovelies 💕

How are you doing?

Next update is all about their bickering 🤭....wait for it.

Thank you🥰