Chapter 30

"Another one? Sani, you're gonna go broke buying me all these flowers

"Another one? Sani, you're gonna go broke buying me all these flowers." I laughed, walking over to the sink to fill a vase with some water for the newest bouquet of tulips and baby breath Hasani had just gotten me.

"No I'm not. I just signed a contract with the national team. No way I'm going broke, baby." he said cockily, sliding his hands around my waist as he hugged me from behind. "Plus, you deserve all the flowers."

I turned in his arms, my arms sliding up to the back of his neck. "You're right. I do deserve them."

"You're so cocky." he said with a laugh.

"Excuse me?!" I giggled. "I learned from the best, okay?"

"Oh so I'm the best, like the best you've ever had, or..." Hasani's eyes were playful as he talked, the silliness in his voice making it hard to keep the smile off my face as I rolled my eyes.

"You know exactly what I meant by that, stop playing." I said pulling his face closer to mine for a peck on his lips. Hasani moved to deepen the kiss, but I pulled away.

"Uh-uh. Our friends will be here soon. You know I have to get ready for tonight."

"No you don't. You look perfect as you are."

I took in the oversized tee I had on with a pair of booty shorts and slides. "Yeah, right. Let everyone in if they get here before I'm done. I'll be back."

***

"I put your picture on my mirror, start to blush when somebody says your name

"I put your picture on my mirror, start to blush when somebody says your name..." Nella sang in the B.A.K. booth as she performed with Namiko. Ketura couldn't join us due to school, so it was a six person party tonight.

We'd all decided to celebrate the championship and our new contracts at R&B Fridays. The nostalgic setting filled my chest with happiness as Nella and Namiko made a mess of Fantasia's song.

"Dude. Look at yourself, you literally can't take your eyes off her." Chi said next to me.

"What can I say," I shrugged, "the girl in the shorts has me in a chokehold."