Six

Noaah tensed as Rarguun continued to approach him and Azeline. Noaah could practically feel his whole body shaking.

    In Terra del Diavolo, someone with a high up social status like Rarguun Moretti meant trouble—-it meant you better say goodbye to everything you know and love. It meant he planned on slaughtering you in the most brutal fashion he could think off—-plucking out your organs one by one…all while the victim was still wide awake.

     Noaah, who had been in Terra del Diavolo longer than Azeline, felt the need to tell her, "When Rarguun speaks to us, keep calm. I'm pretty sure he can smell fear or something."

     "He can smell fear?" Azeline exclaimed to Noaah's comment, in a whispering tone. "What the hell is this?"

     "I don't know how he can… All I know is Evangelos told me that…" Noaah stated.

     "How do we know Evangelos wasn't just trying to mess with you?" Azeline asked, still seemingly panicked by the whole situation.

     "Evangelos would never lie to me!" Noaah responded.

      "But maybe he could've," Azeline remarked, shrugging a little as she spoke. "You don't know… Maybe that's how he gets his kicks… By lying."

     "Regardless," Noaah began, in a somewhat stern tone. "Just try not to panic. Keep calm, Azeline… Otherwise, I can see this going very badly for us." It's already bad that Rarguun even wants to speak with us!, Noaah's mind yelled.

     "All we have to is keep c-calm…" Azeline repeated what Noaah had said in her thick French accent. "T-that's totally not too hard to do." A lump began to form in Azeline's throat as she began to shake a little bit as well.

     Demons, vampires, wolves, and elves alike moved out of the path to make way for Rarguun.

      Now Noaah could properly see Rarguun's expression—-it was a stern one; the kind of stern expression that made one so nervous they got sick.

    Upon seeing Rarguun, Noaah wanted to turn and run away—-he wanted to run as far as his legs would take him. But, unfortunately for Noaah, he was frozen still in his spot.

     Finally Rarguun was standing right in front of Noaah and Azeline—-he kept looking back and forth between the two in silence.

      Azeline wanted to curl up into a ball and hide whenever Rarguun's gaze fell upon her. She swallowed the lump in her throat.

      After long bout of silence, Rarguun finally spoke. "I've seen what you can do… both of you. One can turn into a giant, fire-breathing beast… The other is a man-eating, blood-drinking terror."

      So I'm a man-eater now? What the hell?, Noaah thought to himself.

      "So glorious… so powerful." Rarguun wetted his lips. "But yet… so dangerous." He snapped his fingers.

    Quite a few Devine guards approached Azeline and Noaah, grabbing onto their arms to restrain them.

    "What the hell?" Noaah exclaimed, trying to fight his way through the grasps of the Devine guards—-unfortunately, his struggles were all for naught.

    "Let us go!" Azeline hissed, also struggling just like Noaah did.

     Rarguun shook his head. "I'm sorry, my lady… but I can't do that." He clapped, signalling the Devines to proceed with their actions.

     Azeline and Noaah both felt themselves get sticked the arm with something before they both drifted off to darkness.

─┉─¡! • !¡─┉─

      Noaah's head continued to hang low as he stared directly at the cracked, tarnished floor below him.

    Noaah's shoulder ached severely.

   The deep wound in Noaah's shoulder burned hot.

    It's probably infected, Noaah thought to himself before groaning in pain.

    Noaah tried to use what energy he had to lift his head and rest it back against the wall behind him—-every moment of that movement was pure agony. Each and every one of his muscles screamed in pain—-he bit his tongue in hopes of quieting them down.

    Squeak!

    Rarguun entered the room, grinning, perilously, from ear to ear. "Well, well, well," he began as he paced further into the dark, cold room. "If it isn't one of my favorite competitors…"

     Noaah craned his head to the side, trying to make sure he wasn't looking at Rarguun. That man doesn't deserve to be looked at when he's talking, Noaah began to say internally with pure disgust. He's a sicko.

     Rarguun came to a halt right in front of Noaah. He laughed a little to himself before he kneeled in front of the young siren boy.

      Noaah tried to remain with a calm look on his face, but internally, he was panicking. What's this sicko got planned in store for me? Is he going to chop my limbs off? Disembowel me? Lobotomize me? Noaah mentally shuddered.

     Rarguun reached forward, letting his fingers dance down the side of Noaah's face, which made the boy uncomfortable. He went on to dance his fingers through Noaah's snow-white hair.

     "I'm not your doll," Noaah grumbled.

     "Oh…" Rarguun began in a tone that instilled fear deep within Noaah. Rarguun stood before stomping down hard on Noaah's right leg—-breaking it. "You will be."