⋆˚✿˖°ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟛𝟚⋆˚✿˖°

Ni'la ran through the heaps of Metkayina people to chase after her brothers. There was no doubt in her mind that Lo'ak was going to warn Payakan, and Ni'la wouldn't blame him. Payakan and her brother had a strong bond, and the girl was happy someone else understood how her brother felt.

However, she knew that Neteyam would try to talk him out of it, because while it was the right thing to do, Payakan was far away from the clan, and they could risk being spotted by the Sky people.

As she got closer to her brothers, her pace slowed.

"No way you're rolling out of here, baby bro," Neteyam said, causing Lo'ak to roll his eyes.

"I have to go warn Payakan," He argued.

Ni'la watched as Neteyam walked closer to their brother, "No, you have to keep you skxawng ass here," He said, and Lo'ak looked at Ni'la for help.

"I agree with Neteyam, Lo'ak," She said softly, and Lo'ak scoffed at his two older siblings.

"He's outcast! There's no one else to warn him but me!" Lo'ak stated.

"Bro," Neteyam chuckled. "Why do you always have to make things so hard?"

Lo'ak's eyes burned with rage at his brother's words, "No," He shook his head, "You mean, why can't I be the perfect son like you!" He snapped, and Neteyam took a step back as hurt quickly flashed across his face. Ni'la's heart ached for both of her brothers' because they were more alike than they cared to admit.

The oldest Sully boy hated when people thought that he was perfect. He wasn't perfect, and he knew that. He just wished that others would realize that as well because it sucked being the oldest. Neteyam loved his siblings, and he would do anything for them, but he would also do anything to have the opportunity to be a kid again.

He sacrificed so much growing up, and it always felt like his sacrifice was overshadowed by something else going on in the family.

Neteyam rarely ever played with the other kids because he was watching his siblings, or he was training. His entire life he'd felt trapped, suffocated almost. No one besides Ni'la knew that feeling, and the boy wasn't trying to minimize Lo'ak's feelings towards Payakan, he was trying to keep him out of trouble like he always did.

Lo'ak had always felt overshadowed by Neteyam, he felt that no matter what he did, it would never be good enough. The youngest Sully boy desperately wanted to meet his father's expectations, but it felt like anything he did well at, Neteyam did it ten times better.

This entire argument had, unfortunately, been a long time coming. Lo'ak had things he needed to get off his chest, and Neteyam did as well, but he probably wouldn't say them right at this moment.

He would most likely wait to say them until after they got back from warning Payakan.

"Well, I'm not you!" The boy scoffed. "I'm not you, okay?! He's my brother! I'm going!" Lo'ak said, turning around to walk away, but before he could leave, Neteyam stormed towards him and turned Lo'ak around to face him.

"He's your brother?" He snarled before pointing to himself, "No, I'm your brother!"

"Lo'ak, I understand that Payakan is your friend, but it's too risky," Ni'la said, trying to reason with the boy.

"I don't care. I'm going," He said, shrugging off Neteyam as he turned on his heel before diving into the water.

"Lo'ak!" Both siblings hissed.

Soon, they were joined by three Metkayina teens and they all off their ilus before Ni'la looked over to Neteyam. "When we catch him, I'm punching him," She said before she dove into the water as she grabbed onto her ilu.