Ch. 6

Ciel knocked on the door,
"Can i come in?"
"Hm"
He opened the door to see Alexius spraying perfume. He walked up to him and took a hold of his right hand bringing it close and smelling it.
It's Sanyu¹
Ciel grimaced, he hated Lippe tea and he hated sanyu even more. Alexius pulled his hand away from Ciel's grasp.
"What's the occasion?" Ciel asked as he eyed the Prince's attire.

"Father has summoned me, I'm going to meet him," Alexius replied as he fixed his pins and brooches

"I wish you'd dress up for me too"
"What do you like?"
"What?"
"What do you like? I'll dress accordingly"
Ciel remained quiet and dumbfounded as he fumbled to gather his thoughts.
"Anything, you'd look good in anything but I think I'd like to see you wear something that you like. Decide for yourself."
Alexius let out a soft chuckle hearing Ciel's reply, "Anything?"
"Anything," Ciel said firmly with a smile.
"Well, I better get going now. I'll see you later."
With that the door closed shut. Ciel sighed and plopped down on the chair. He covered his mouth with one hand. His ears flushed as his hands hid the smile that appeared on his face.
Shit.

"Alexius!" Felix smiled warmly at the Prince who gave him a nod. "You can just go in, his highness is waiting for you."
"Alright."
As Felix shut the door behind him, Alexius walked up to the couch. Claude was sleeping.
He's still so incautious
The sun rays shone on Claude, illuminating his already pleasing face. Alexius stared for a second and covered Claude's face with his hand, blocking the sun. Taking in the Emperor's features. Alexius stood there for who knows how long, forbidding himself from waking up the older blond. After a while Claude awoke. Grunting as he opened his eyes.
"Who..."
Alexius said nothing, waiting for his father to compose himself.
"Alexius," Claude called out still in a daze. He turned his head down and rubbed his eyes as he sighed. "What are you doing here?"
"You summoned me father"
Claide looked up, "Yes... Sit." Alexius returned his hands to his sides and took a seat opposite of Claude.
"So how are you?"
His face did not show it but the Prince's mood lit up. "Good. I've recently been training in magic along with swordfighting."
"I heard you've met Athanasia"
"Yes, she's interesting"
"I know what you mean when you say interesting Alexius"
"I don't-"
"Do not test me boy, know your place," the Emperor may have cared for Alexius but right now it didn't seem like it at all. It looked like to him Alexius was nothing more than another rat and the boy sensed that.
"Know my place? I'm nothing more than a street rat. Aren't I?" Alexius struggled to hold back his tears as memories flooded back to him. The scars may have faded but the damage did not.
"Alexius, wait-" the Emperor had realised his mistake.
"I apologise for wasting your time, your highness³," Alexius darted for the door, leaving the Emperor behind. As the door banged shut he could hear Felix's confused, "huh?" That received no response.

The further he got away from the Emperor's chambers the faster he ran until the palace was no longer in sight⁴.  Alexius soon found himself sitting under a tree in a secluded forest. On palace grounds but not easily accessible. He had discovered the place as a child. Alexius wanted to cry and scream but he could not, was he always like this, he wondered. When had he lost the ability to express his emotions properly? Or was it never there to begin with. The Prince sat with his head buried between his knees.
"Al"
Alexius looked up, his eyes were red, not from crying but from rubbing his eyes. He couldn't cry but that didn't mean he didn't feel like crying.
It was Ceil. The mage sat down beside him and put his hand on the Prince's head, patting him. He then pulled in the Prince's head to his chest and hugged him while his other hand lay on the ground. Neither said a thing but it wasn't awkward or uncomfortable. It was a silence of comfort. After a while Alexius raised his head.
"Better?"
"Yes. Thank you"
Ciel turned his head forward, away from Alexius as he nodded his head.
"So, how do you know this place?"
"I come by the forest sometimes. There may not be a lot of people in here compared to most Palaces but it's still a lot. Lucky for you I found my way here today. I rarely find my way back to the places I visit but the route to this one is definitely ingrained in my brain now," Ceil chuckled.
"Is that so? I might have to abandon a 10 year old landmark today"
The two smiled, they weren't looking at each other but both knew the other was smiling too⁵.

Chapter Notes
¹ Sanyu: A major ingredient in Lippe tea. I got that off the WMMAP wiki
² your highness: Lesgooo angst!
³ The further he got away from the Emperor's chambers the faster he ran until the palace was no longer in sight: So idk what to call the buildings maybe estate but it sounds wrong. So I'll be using palace to describe a building and all the building
The two smiled, they weren't looking at each other but both knew the other was smiling too: thats lowkey so cute 🫶

I'm sorry it's so short i had to delete a major part of the ch bc im not really great with trauma. If I can post that version as an extra ig lol idk