get to know each other

Jisung

It's been a few days since I was taken in by the Kims and the more time I spend with them the more I realize that all these years I've been treated wrong and knew I was right. I have my own room, they bought me clothes, shoes and so on. They do everything to make me feel comfortable, Seungmin cancels meetings with his friends and his boyfriend because of me. When I have nightmares about my past mom or dad is right in my room to calm me down and yes I can call them mom and dad. It was weird at first but now it feels like the most normal thing in the world.

When I have nightmares like this, from both 'families', Mom or Dad stay with me all night. I finally feel loved and accepted. They didn't force me to talk about it when I'm having a nightmare or just bursting into tears, they're just always there just like Seungmin.

2 weeks later

We sat together in the kitchen at the dining table and ate the food Mom had made. The radio played in the background, filling the silence that surrounded us. Everything was fine until I caught the news and stopped eating. "Now for the news. Two bodies were found two weeks ago on 11/15/22 at 09:51 p.m after a serious traffic accident. At the time their identities were still unclear, but today the police reported that the two were Ms. and Mr. Han. The two have a 17-year-old son who was placed in foster care. However, anonymous reports of abuse and rape against 17-year-old Han Jisung have been received.

There is no trace of the boy, but Park Shinhye, her husband Park Taehwan and their son Park Jibin were arrested. There is enough evidence that they abused and raped the 17-year-old boy and the family was incapacitated. It is still unclear what happened to Han Jisung, what the officers know is that he boarded the train to Seoul at around 4:30 p.m. on November 17, 2022. 'For everyone who should see the boy or record sigar, please contact the youth welfare office and ensure that he can lead a good life.' Such is an officer from the Busan Police Department. Now to..."

I dropped my chopsticks and started to cry. Seungmin, like Mom and Dad, didn't understand anything until Seungmin seemed to realize it. "Y-you're Han Jisung?" I said nothing and cried even harder, but it seemed to be enough of an answer because that's when Mom and Dad realized it as well. Mom started crying too, so they hugged me to calm me down. "Mom? Dad? Can't we adopt him or at least make sure he stays with us... please?" Seungmin begged and they nodded. And so they tried to fully calm me down.

After Seungmin begged me to take me in, Mom and Dad did everything in their power to take me in, if not adopt me. It took a month before they got a letter from the youth welfare office, they called me and Minnie-Hyung into the living room and so they opened the letter. They read it through carefully and there were tears in their eyes but also big smiles on their lips. 

"What's says the letter??" Seungmin asked impatiently and then they handed the letter to Seungmin, who seemed to scan the lette, he started crying right away and since I didn't really know what was going on I just hugged him and shortly after Mom and Dad also came along and all three said "Welcome to the Kim family Jisung." It took me a few minutes to realize what the three were saying and then I started crying too. "Thank you so much!" I sobbed and hugged all three tightly.

And so I was now part of the Kim family. But there was a catch to the whole thing. I'm a little.. and the three babied me which always gets pretty critical. I don't want them to hate me... I can't and don't want to lose the three of them. But all of this was to turn out very differently.