Chapter 9 ~ EL And Lou *Edited*

(EL & Louis have Darcy for a day)

Louis POV:

I watched EL and Darcy. I couldn't help but think that maybe EL would like to be a Mother someday. I sure would like to be a Father one day, and I knew with all my heart EL would be a perfect Mother, and I wanted our lives to be together. I didn't feel ready the to be a Dad yet that was the truth, I was too wrapped up into music to give much thought to becoming a Dad and swapping my singing career for it. I knew you didn’t have to swap your career to be a Father; you just had to change some of your ways. I was stuck in my ways for now, and I was glad in some ways for that.

I had to admit though Darcy was one sweet little baby. She looked so much like Taylor it was kind of creepy, because of course they weren’t related, and Darcy having Harry's last name made it creepier still, she was officially their baby, they had officially adopted her, after all those things that Harry said, and all that happened here they were bonding over a baby. I thought of it as sweet as well, I was thinking that Taylor and Harry were a couple again, you know back to being a couple, that old news that the media so thrived upon. Harry was the flirt who went through girls like he blinked, that was a far few girls, but never anything serious, do I dare say never as serious as he was with Taylor? No scrap that, thats inside information he didn't say that to me. He didn't ever say he would, settle down actually he argued against it, saying that being airy single and free was more his thing and I imagined he would be old and alone and I felt sort of bad for him cause I'd always have Eleanor, I thought about him often how he may never settle down and feel real love and then take Taylor she goes through guys like she drinks water which I know she must drink quite a bit more then your daily average, don't mind me I'm a funny guy,  anyway the guys they slip through her fingers, and now seeing them both be forced together is pretty neat, and pretty sweet at the same time, neat and sweet, the both of them.

When Liam mentioned how Harry was falling again for Taylor, that put the icing on the cake, it really felt nice Harry had let the love bug bite him and bite him good this time. Maybe it was magic, maybe it was Darcy. Maybe it was a combination of both. I wasn’t so sure, I just believed in the magic that sparked between them.

EL's POV:

I held Darcy to my chest and rocked her gently. I thought Taylor and Harry were very lucky, maybe Darcy would stay in their family forever that is what Louis told me anyway. I loved Darcy the moment I held her, and she wasn't even my baby and if you think about it she wasn't related to Taylor or Harry either yet they loved her and cared for her like she was their own. But I wanted to adopt her into my heart like Taylor and Harry were adopting her in their lives. I would love her, I would hold her, and help her grow up; I would work with Taylor even though I didn't like her, we had a friendship a while ago, but things changed between us, I won't even discuss it. I would love her daughter though I would even love Harry because he had got Louis and I together, I would love them both cause I knew what Darcy needed, and I would try with Taylor to be a friend in her times of need, if that is what she wanted.

Louis come up behind me and startled me ever so slightly. "Eleanor baby..." he whispered affectionately into my hair. I closed my eyes, and breathed in the sweet smell of Darcy. I opened my eyes after a while and whispered back "Yea Lou."  

"We got to get her back to Harry's." he says. I didn't realize it had been quite a few hours we had, had her.

As we drive her back, I turn to Louis .

"Why can't we have kids?" I asked him I didn’t mean to sound so forceful and rude, and I knew right away marriage before kids, but the question burst out of me, without any self control.

"I'm not ready to be a Dad and give up my music career yet." he answered I sighed, and stared out the window, I knew he was right, we were both to young to think of a family together, but Harry was the youngest and look what he was going through, wouldn't that make Harry more mature.

"I'm ready to be a Mum." I say Louis turns to me, and I turn from the window to him

"When I'm ready to be a Dad I want to be a Dad with you."  he smiles happily at me.

"I’d like to be a Mum with you." I say, Louis smiles at me.

"All in time." he promises, and I find myself agreeing with him. All in time, and time will tell.

Louis POV:

I didn't expect EL to talk to me about kids. I didn't expect EL wanting to commit, or become a Mum to my kids. I knew she thought about it often, but she wasn't obsessed. And I knew that EL loved Darcy by the tone of her voice and the look on her face.

Darcy was beautiful but really she wasn't really Taylor's or Harry's child, they were just forced to take her for Darcy's well being and for positive media attention but I admired how willing they were to take in Darcy. They would give her the love she needed, if they could find the love amongst themselves to give to her. I wanted to be there to support Harry and I wanted Darcy to become apart of my life and I wanted to help in all the ways that I could. And if having Darcy around made EL happy then I liked that. I loved to make EL happy and at the moment children were out of the plans and I reckon they will before quite a few years but I was willing to  consider marriage and children but just not right now.