The Battle

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

𓆩♡𓆪 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝓅𝒶𝒾𝓃 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒻𝑒𝑒𝓁 𝓉𝑜𝒹𝒶𝓎 𓆩♡𓆪

𓆩♡𓆪 𝐼𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓉𝓇𝑒𝓃𝑔𝓉𝒽 𝓎𝑜𝓊'𝓁𝓁 𝒻𝑒𝑒𝓁 𝓉𝑜𝓂𝑜𝓇𝓇𝑜𝓌 𓆩♡𓆪

- 𝘜𝘯𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘯 -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 the moment Peter and Y/n shared together, they both decided to go back to her tent and get some sleep. Y/n awoke to see Susan and Lucy following a shadow outside tent to which she assumed was Aslan, she knew exactly where he was going, to his death. Y/n debated going to see Aslan one last time but she didn't want her last memory of him to be her own mother stabbing him in the chest and seeing the life slowly fade from his eyes. Y/n decided to leave Susan and Lucy be they needed be there for him even though he was going to die. 

Y/n couldn't sleep knowing Aslan was seconds away from his death. She got out of bed and looked at Peter, who was still softly asleep next to Edmund. She debated waking them up and telling them about Aslan but in the back of Y/n's mind she knew Peter would go to save him and that was too dangerous. She had to wait until Aslan was actually dead. Only then will it give Peter the strength to fight.

Y/n stayed up that whole night waiting and waiting for any sign of Aslan's passing. Then Y/n saw it, the sign, the doors to the tent were flying open and the wind was whistling. This made Peter and Edmund jump up with surprise, the tree leaves flew circles around the three children. The two boys looked at Y/n confused and sadness filled her eyes.

"I need to tell you boys something." She said bluntly, they looked at each now their faces full of fear. Y/n took a deep breath.

"Aslan's dead." Y/n blurted out, there was no better way to say it.

"Wh...what?" Edmund stuttered.

"The other day when Jadis demanded she take you-" She pointed towards Edmund. "Aslan made a deal with her, to save your life in return for his." She was scared to meet their eyes.

"So what do we do now?" Edmund asked.

"We fight." Edmund nodded and left the tent to go tell the others of the tragic news. Y/n walked towards Peter who stayed in total silence. He wouldn't meet her eyes. 

"Are you okay?" She asked looking up at Peter's face which was filled with sadness.

"Yeah..." His voice echoed through her ears. He's never been this silent before.

"Can you at least look at me?" She pleaded, Peter clenched his jaw and kept looking away. Y/n placed her hand on his cheek and tried to turn his head towards her, at first he resisted but he eventually gave in and turned to look at her, he stared into her eyes.

"Are you mad at me?" Tremble filled Y/n's voice and Peter placed his hands on her waist, he couldn't resist her and hated seeing her hurt so he tried to comfort her without doing too much.

"No...I just wish you would've told me earlier." 

"I knew you would try and stop him if I did." Peter sighed and let go of her and out of Y/n's grasp. "He made that decision to save your brother. There was nothing you could've done to stop him." Y/n pleaded with him as Peter sat down on the bed. She walked towards him and placed her hands on his neck. "I'm sorry, I wanted to tell you but...I know you Peter, you try and save everyone and this time Aslan couldn't be saved. He didn't want to be."