16.

आगे रहियो ना पीछे रहियो

मेरा रहियो यार बस मेरा रहियो
सन्ग रहियो सन्ग रहियो

समझे ना दुनिया
तू तो मुझको समझियो

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

I woke up abruptly at 6 a

I woke up abruptly at 6 a.m., my alarm blaring insistently and creating quite a commotion. Sitting up on the couch, I stretched my muscles, feeling somewhat disoriented. My hands felt warm, like they'd been cradled for a while, as if someone had held them all night long. Of course, Rana-sa couldn't have held my hand the entire night...right?; he must have returned to work. But it was comforting to know that he had provided solace, even if only for a few minutes.

 A quick scan of the room confirmed that the bed was empty; he wasn't there. I decided to search for him in the vast palace later, choosing to start my day with a soothing morning shower before our journey to Mewar.

The warm water in the shower provided a comforting respite as I let it wash over me. After the refreshing shower, I enveloped myself in a cozy bathrobe and made my way to my side of the walk-in closet, contemplating what to wear for the day.

Lost in thought while considering my outfit options, I was startled by a knock at the door. My heart skipped a beat, desperately hoping it wasn't Rana-sa. Silently pleading, "Please don't be Rana-sa,"...."Please don't be Rana-sa," I cautiously approached the door and peeked outside.

An elderly lady, dressed in the traditional saffron saree of the royal house staff, stood there. As I opened the door wider, she greeted me with, "Khamma ghani, Ranisa, badi Baisa ne aapke liye bheja hai..." She handed me a bag.

I nodded in acknowledgement with respect and thanked her before gently closing the door. With curiosity piqued, I proceeded to the washroom, intent on changing into whatever outfit Maa had chosen for me. As I unzipped the bag, my eyes fell upon a beautiful dress, and an excited smile graced my lips. I quickly changed into the elegant attire, appreciating the thoughtful gesture from Maa.

 I quickly changed into the elegant attire, appreciating the thoughtful gesture from Maa