Chapter 1

(Astrid's POV)

I couldn't really understand what was happening. The only thing I knew was Hiccup and Toothless defeated the queen, dragons served for. But didn't know where either of them was. Everyone was gathered around and I pushed through the crowd. Seeing Stoick kneeling down to Toothless, calling the young heir's name and apologizing to nothing at all, confused me. When I realized what had happened, it broke my heart into two. I pulled tears back, not believing what I just witnessed. I was half shocked and half angry at him for being so stupid and risking his life for a village that treated him like he was nothing.

The village he died saving!

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Toothless opened his wings revealing the heir of Berk, Hiccup. Excitement and Joy raced through my nerves. The only question was, was he alive? That doubt was cleared when Stoick checked his heart beat and shouted. "Ah he is al.. alive, you brought him back alive" He shouted. I was so relieved that I could jump in joy. And then Gobber said it "Well you know.... Most of him". What does he mean by most of him? I went a little closer to have a better look and ask them if they need help. I went closer to Hiccup, but did the mistake to look at his leg. It was covered with blood, swollen and had big gashes all over it. Just seeing the angry wound made me wanna gag. Thankfully Stoick brought a few healers along just in case. "Sir, we at least have to clean the wound or else it can get severely infected" said one of the healers. I asked Gobber if I can help in anyway. "Lass, if you want to help, go ask the healers if they want anything" he said. "Sure" I said and ran towards the healers. "Is there anything I can do to help you?" I said to one of the healers. "Yes, dear. Can you please bring a canteen of water from the sh-?" I ran toward the burnt ships before she could finish.

I returned with a barrel of water and headed towards the healer. "Astrid, calm and hold him down. When I put this on his leg it will cause him a lot of pain and he will probably scream" said the healer. I nodded and went towards hiccup. I secured his shoulders so that he won't move. As the healer said, he screamed a lot. Every time a scream escaped his mouth, I felt my heart sink, I cannot even imagine the pain he was going through. Once it was finally over, the healers whispered to each other in a hushed tone. I couldn't hear what they said but after a while they spoke," Sir, he won't make it if we don't go back to berk soon. All our supplies are burnt with the ships" said one of the healers. "But all of our ships are burnt and it will take a while to fix them" said Stoick. "Chief I can take him back on my dragon" I suggested. "I don't know Astrid. It is risky" said Stoick. "But building the ships once again would take days. What if he got worse by then?" I told. "Yes sir, the girl has a point. We have no choice but listen to her" said the healer. "Don't worry chief. I will not let anything happen to him" I said. "Ok, but take a healer with you just in case" Stoick said. Before I could say anything one of the healers said "Right sir, we leave in half an hour. I have to collect the left-out supplies". After half an hour and 15 mins of the healer struggling to mount Stormfly, we finally took off towards berk.