Chapter 4

When I woke up, I went to the window and saw almost all of Berk gathered by the door. O, they got the news; I smirked at the thought and opened the door. Once I opened it, people came rushing in. They left gifts for Hiccup. Some people also sat down next to him and gave him good wishes. Once everyone was gone Snotlout, Fishlegs and the twins slowly came in through the door. "Can I see him?" whispered Snotlout. "Yeah, you can, he is your cousin, right?" I replied unamused. He nodded and sat next to Hiccup mumbling things I couldn't hear.

Fishlegs and the twins went closer to Hiccup to have a better look. Once they looked at his leg, they were shocked. "A..a..strid?" asked Fishlegs. "Yeah?" I questioned. "What happened to his l..leg?" he asked. "It had to get amputated" I said straight to the point "It was a horrible sight" I added. "Ohhhhh" said the twins. "I'm sorry you had to see that" said Snotlout breaking the silence. At first, I was frightened by the sudden words breaking the rather peaceful silence and then I realized who spoke. How did this happen? Snotlout being sincere is impossible.

Everyone was staring at Snotlout. "What?" he asked. "Nothing, just that we never thought you would say something so sincere" I answered. "It's just, he almost died and all I ever did was bully him" He said. We all went silent and one by one they went back to their homes. I was still sitting next to Hiccup, thankfully he did not have that horrible fever anymore. A few days passed. The "gang" came and went. Finally, Stoick came.

Once the boat reached deck, Stoick and Toothless immediately jumped of the ship. They both ran towards the Haddock residence. They both were completely in sink to reach Hiccup. Toothless licked Hiccup trying to wake him up and Stoick looked at his leg. He kept mumbling something like 'oh Thor oh Thor and this is all my fault'. He was clearly panicking. I told chief to take some rest but he insisted. After a while of trying not to fall asleep. Well, Stoick fell asleep in his chair. That night went comfortably.

A week passed by. Stoick tried to convince me to go home and take rest but it always failed. I was not goanna leave Hiccup's side until he has fully recovered. Stoick knew what I felt and let me stay, he also gave me an extra mattress to sleep on. I just wish he would wake up sooner.