Chapter 1: 'Professor Horace Slughorn Calls'

Sebastian,

I would be delighted if you join me and a few others for dinner at Bathilda Bagshot's house (the place we first met) for dinner.

Yours,
Professor H. E. F. Slughorn

The owl that delivered this message disappeared out of sight. Sebastian King remained transfixed to the ground, his back facing the Ministry of Magic, dumbfounded. He had stopped receiving Slug Club invites after he had not gone to any such dinners for three years. He knew Slughorn would be disappointed, and never reach out to him, seeing his fervour towards his club. The note in his hand started to warm up. His hand trembled to the incoming heat, the paper slipping off from his hand. Before the paper could touch the ground, it diffused within thin air.

This caught him wondering, "What does this mean? Why is this message such cryptic?" He realized that it must be something very important that such was the protection attached with the note.

He checked his watch. Quarter to eight. "I must see him at once," he decided, and disapparated off to Godric's Hollow Square, where he would apparate every day after work to reach his flat. He loved the serene atmosphere at this magical village and therefore, would always apparate to the square where the magnificent statue of Lily and James Potter stood, and in the mother's hands, a baby boy looking almost like his father, but younger.

Today, the place was lit with jack-o-lanterns and wizarding children hustling by in various costumes as they reached every door knocking them, and asking for a treat otherwise threatening to trick them.

A quick stroll to Bagshot's house, instead of his flat, he found himself knocking at the door.

To no reply.

"Is anyone in there?" he called out, drawing his wand, wondering if he had fallen into a trap.

Again, to no reply.

Alohomora.

The door lock clicked and he could push the door letting himself in.

Only silence and darkness prevailed.
In a reflex, he turned pointing his wand towards the door anticipating an ambush.

Lumos.

Light erupted from the tip of his wand and he was reminded of his first Charms class, where Flitwick had praised him and said he was as gifted as his brother.

With the aid of the light, he could make out a messy room. Rags piled up around, clippings and extracts of the Daily Prophet strewn around and the place giving off a repelling stench.

There was an armchair that comfortably seated an hourglass whose sand was pouring extremely slowly, one might wonder whether the hourglass actually functioned.

"Sir, I see you are getting bored. Oh, Master of Transfigurations, and the next Po- ," he slacked off, considering that he was still unsure about things happening around.

Homenum Revelio.

The armchair changed into a rather sour Horace Slughorn, who mumbled, "Twice in a fortnight, I am getting rusty...", his voice trailing off, as he patted Sebastian. A moment later, Dumbledore apparated in with a crack and whispered in his standard intriguing voice, "I'm not late, am I?"

"I fear not, Albus."

"I see Sebastian has arrived too."

"Yes, sir, but, may I ask what is this meeting about?"

"You just did," he said, chuckling.

Sebastian had had enough. He was in a very bad mood. In the past twenty minutes, he had not got a hold of what all of this was about.

"Sir," he said, as calmly as he could, and added, "Voldemort is up and running now. After the Battle at the Department of Mysteries, this is nothing to joke about."

"Sit down, Sebastian." he said, in a matter-of-fact tone, "We would still have to wait. It seems my other guests aren't as particular about punctuality as I."
"Sit down." he continued, flourishing his hand and gesturing towards the couch, where he himself sat down, and patted the seat beside him again indicating the place where he intended Sebastian to sit.

The latter obliged and sat down, presumably in a wait for the guests to come.

----------------------------------------------------
Alright.. How did this go? I am a bit unsure, but I am going to definitely build up in a few chapters. Things are going to get real and interesting. My goal would be to keep this as real and connected to the game (Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery) and the books (by J. K. Rowling) by adding small details here and there...
Hmm.. I know what you are not asking. A cheap trick.
When will the next chapter release?
-----> When JamCity releases the new Beyond Chapter (probably 3rd Nov, 23; Friday)
One last thing, I have not added the Author's Lament that I mentioned in the description. Very Soon. ;D
Have a Spook-tacular Halloween!

(676 words)

(Well, it changes the publish date if we edit something, ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED ON Tuesday, 31/10/2023)