Unfolding Elsewhere #3: 'Good News'

Penny Haywood's POV

I can hardly contain my excitement! The day is drawing near when I will get married.

I can't help but smile every time I think about it. The thought of spending the rest of my days with him fills my heart with joy and anticipation.

I want this day to be perfect, and I have a special surprise planned for my dear friend Sebastian.

I've decided to send him a unique invitation, a riddle that will lead him to guess my fiancé's name. It's a way to make him feel even more involved in this special occasion.

I can't wait to see if he can solve it! And if he does, I have a surprise waiting for him too.

Oh, how wonderful it would be to have Sebastian as my best man! He has been like a brother to me, always there to support and guide me.

I hope he accepts my invitation and becomes a part of this beautiful journey towards marriage. I have butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it!

Dear Sebastian,

I hope this letter finds you in good spirits.

I have some exciting news to share with you! I am preparing for my upcoming wedding to someone truly remarkable, but I wanted to add an element of intrigue to your special invitation.

Instead of directly revealing the name of my fiancé, I have crafted a new riddle for you to ponder. Are you ready for the challenge?

Here it is:
"A chaser of stars,
He soars high and true, In Quidditch's realm, where dreams come through.
A philosopher's mind, wise and profound,
A friend like no other, always around,
Is where my heart can be found."

I have faith in your sharp mind and keen intellect to unravel this riddle and uncover the identity of my beloved.

Once you have solved the puzzle, I would be honored to have you join us on this momentous day.

Please kindly respond with your answer as soon as possible so that we can make the necessary arrangements.

I truly hope you can be there for me as we celebrate this joyous occasion.

With love,
Penny

I'm feeling a mix of nerves and excitement now that I've sent the invitation to Sebastian.

What if he can't solve the riddle? What if he declines my offer to be my best man?

I know I shouldn't worry, but these thoughts keep creeping into my mind.

I truly hope Sebastian enjoys the challenge I've presented to him. It's just because he always stands for me, domineeeing and know-it-all. It would mean so much to have him involved in a unique way.

He has been such an important part of my life, and I can't imagine my wedding day without him by my side.

I eagerly await his response, hoping that he will solve the riddle and accept my invitation.

The anticipation is almost unbearable, but I must trust in our friendship and believe that everything will work out beautifully. I'll keep my fingers crossed and try to focus on the joy and love that surrounds this special time in my life.

Him (my fiancé) and I are ready to embark on this incredible journey together, and I know that with the support of friends like Sebastian, Jae, Diego and everyone, our wedding day will be nothing short of magical.

(561 words)
(Originally published on Friday, 05/01/2024)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A Friday Chapter!
No. Penny and Sebastian are not together. But Sebastian's going to get his someone special soon.
Keep guessing who Penny's fiancé is...
And this is an Unfolding Elsewhere part.
=> There is another part today. Right now infact!